Bashing videos from 2020/08/19 - ERBEv2 and Outcast 6S

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Did a few changes to the ERBEv2, most obvious is the body. Finaly hacked up/installed the probodyrc indestructible body on it, also threw on a set of Talon EXT's to see what "stock" was like and added an integy center chassis cover/skid since I broke the 4th one inside 6 months on it. The stock ones all break in the same place, right at the cut out for the access hole to the center axle. The time though, the chassis was allowed to flex so much that my lipo's came out looking like banana's. A whole lot of no bueno. So, figured I'd see what kind of problems the integy cover makes.

Made it through a set of packs, but dropping the tire size without gearing up made me short some jumps, as seen in the video. Didn't help that the EXT's have a lot more wheel spin than the trenchers as well. Chassis is still 100% though. Without the alloy cover, there is no way the center skid/cover wouldn't be busted from those hard landings on the face of the landing jump. I stopped after one pack though due to the max6 fan being shattered. ESC was at 170F and still working fine, but I didn't want to risk it.

So, I broke out the outcast. Figured I'd be able to go through a couple sets of packs vs discharging them on my charger... I don't think I did much to the outcast since it's last run, other than rebuild the center diff and replace the bearings. This time, my rear diff grenaded on me. For the first time ever, I finally had what many others had, the internal larger sun gear exploded and both pins on the output cups broke off. No worries though, I have 7 blown diffs (bad ring/pinions) from last year in a bag still full of nearly new internals... maybe this thing is a big block t-maxx acting like an arrma? LOL! Lasted 5 minutes and 4 seconds... so much for not having to discharge packs on my chargers...

Back