Balloon shock covers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On any rig, the shocks are basically the same in the way they are built and function. So yeah, be careful blowing compressed air directly on them. It doesn't hurt to blow off the car, I think it's a good idea to but don't aim your air chuck directly at the shock rod where it enters the body. If I'm cleaning them, I remove the spring and use a cloth to remove the gunk off the rod.

I have no idea what u just did but just wondering, would it work if u took ur shocks off, cut the end off a baloon and just put it over the spring and put it back on your rig??

what size and kind of ballons did u use

U, Ur, come on, If you want people to help you try using real words. You, Your, that I'm chat slang is very annoying to try and make sense of. This is not a text message, it only takes a few more seconds to write out the entire word.

Sweet I think I will have to go pick up some balloons to suck on tomorrow. Nice tip

Edit: Man i can't find anywhere with the ballons i need to do this..

Last edited:
thats awesome but how would coverring your shocks with help with ?

so, why do you put covers on the shocks? i have a t-maxx 3.3 (4909)

:hehe: great idea , will get myself some balloon, too cover my shocks,
I'll get the misses to do the sucking, (she needs the practice););)

I have used the balloons used for making balloon animals, bought from a party store. I just put them on the shock shafts themselves, not on the springs....keeps dirt out of the seals and they are durable.

i paid $3 shipped for a set of 4 shock socks spandex and i have put them though hell.. and uhh this post is kinky

Ya i have been doing this since the 90's. They are great for bashing and keeping them clean but if you leave them on to long they will break down and stick to the springs. I made some new ones out of an old dress sock. just cut to size and sew up one side and your done. Sew one end in at an angle to make it nice and snug around the bottom shaft. Pics available.

It's nice to look back , an see how far rc has come

Back