baja window kits

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacknifejuv

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so spoke to my lhs on friday wen i went and picked up my brushless kit for the slash and noticed one of the owners baja on the shelf with a perspex window kit attatched to it , we got chatting as usual and he said the main reason for it is wen hes out bashing hes fed up of all the roost flying into his car wen hes out bashing with other bajas and now he needs to replace them because there chipped and scratched and lookin abit shoddy . told him that I've gone back into weldin and I'm workin with decent grade stainless and alu , and said id make a prototype out of stainless and alu for him to try , to see which last longer ie dents and scratches , and if all works well hell sell them in kit form at the shop , now I've done some research on the kits and found out that they retail for about 25 GBP but found none stainless or alu , just wanted your input on the matter before i start a pointless project , ie looks, weight, would you buy it ?

I'd buy it. I've been thinking of getting some screen type windows for my baja for that very reason. Will definitely be doing something before winter as a lot of snow kicks up in there on the air filter and whatnot.

thanks for your input

Yeah if it looked good why not? It would be nice if it would allow some air flow too. But nice to keep all the grass and crap out for sure. Mine always gets filled up and ends up filling up the area that should give me cooling air flow for the engine.

Most of the window kits, including the ones I've made have a gap around the edge, and whole back of the cage is still open, so air flow shouldn't be an issue. As mentioned, just blocking a lot of the crap that gets thrown towards the filter area is the goal.

well going to speak to the guy on the laser tommoro and see if hes got time to machine me a set i have the sizes for the wholes and everything , if not il jump on the press , its not really going to cost me much so maybe wen I've perfected everything il have to send a couple of sets over seas to see what you think . and maybe throw a little decal kit in for personalisation.