Sold / Found Baja 5B SS with Scorpion Short Chassis installed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
2013/07/07: EDITED to resize photos and include fuel usage along with price drop.

Well, I think it's time to let the baja go to someone who has time and a place to run it.

This was the 5B SS kit I bought back in February of 2011 and built myself over a 2 day period.

I just don't have people to run with and the few areas I have to run it just aren't that fun.

$600 + actual shipping will take it and all parts as shown. US buyers only. It will not come with the throttle servo, receiver or transmitter. I can throw in a traxxas TQ that I have or an HPI TF3 or futaba T2PH that I have laying around, each have their own receiver. It will come with the steering servo (metal gear version from SS kit) and a 6 Volt 4200mah Hump Pack by Venom Power that I ballooned and wrapped in electrical tape to protect it since it was exposed in the chassis conversion. I will also find the spark plug wrench, wheel nut wrench and anything else I have that came with it.

Engine probably has about 1.5-2 gallons through it. I still have half a quart of 2 cycle oil I used.

The bad:
Axle boots are torn up and should be replaced
Wing is busted, but new one is included
One rear tire has a lug torn out of it
2013-0705-Baja5B-TireHole.jpg

Not a whole lot of upgrades on it:
5T can muffler
Alloy front tower brace and x part
RPM front arms
RPM front bumper/skid
RB Innovations crank case air filter $65 (really works well to keep grass/sticks getting packed in around the engine)
5T spark plug guard
Scorpion shorty chassis kit $179

Some photos:
2013-0705-Baja5B-Side-ReceiverTankCarbEngineCB-BodyOn.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-RadioTray.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-Side-ReceiverTankCarbEngineCB.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-Starter-CaseFilterRear.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-FrontTop2.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-FrontBottom.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-BottomWhole.jpg

Spare bits:
2013-0705-Baja5B-Parts02.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-Parts01b.jpg

2013-0705-Baja5B-SpareStockTireTread.jpg

The sealing I did with high temp silicone for the crank case filter kit:
2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-engineOff-BackSide.jpg

2012-0319-BajaRBCrankCaseFilter-engineOff-Front.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if it sits here too long, I may be willing to ship up to you. The poor rig has been just sitting on my shelf... someone should get some use out of it before winter comes again.

I just want it cause, this girl I know need a motor for her baja 5b

Boy if i had sold my Tekno the other day, i would pull the trigger on this ASAP.

Funny that you have this up for sale. I use my Savage Flux so little that I'm thinking about unloading it and buying a gasser. $30 a gallon for nitro and LiPo batteries that are getting old from SC racing, it's hard to get runtime. Gas on the other hand, cheaper and easier to obtain.

I'll have to see what I can get for the Flux.

After thinking about it for a couple days, I just can't bring myself to part with the Flux.... Which means no 5b until I can save up some money.

But here's a free bump for ya anyway.

Maybe I'm asking too much? Or people just aren't in the market for 5b's anymore...

Don't get worried its the shipping that wards everyone off of such a sweet purchase.
I'm still interested!

Stuff doesn't seem to move on here like it used to. My opinion you're a tad bit high on the price but just my opinion. Free bump hope it sells for ya. If its not a huge bargain stuff doesn't seem to sell. Try craigslist also

I'll let it sit here. I looked around on other forums and whatnot and my price seems pretty fair.

All it's doing is taking up space on a shelf anyway.

600 seems pretty fair to me if i could afford it i woulda done jumped on this

The price is definitely fair considering it started as a 1k gasser. Toss in the hop ups, I say you're priced fair if not under priced.

Personally I think people are just not buying right now.

The price is great IMO! Summer is a rough time to sell toys, lots of people vacationing so rc money is thin. The price of shipping doesn't help!

Bump, did it go......has it found a new home!

Damn it Olds!! Why must you tempt me so blatantly?!?! I miss the nitro, but hated the constant tweeking. I've always wanted a gasser!!

Well friend, it's here waiting for you. The first start might be kind of rough as I haven't fired it up in a year... but I did run the tank empty and I do have spare plugs.

You can see in some of the photo's, I made little wings out of spare body lexan so grass and whatnot wouldn't go up under the body back by the engine. That annoyed me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back