Baja 5b before and after....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Rovan Baja 5b before and after. To me it was a gamble buying the Rovan but at the time HPI Baja was hard to come by. I would definitely buy another one. I installed a Baja Q shorty conversion kit and here is the before and after....

Before..

IMG_0800.JPG

After

100_0915.JPG

Last edited:
Rovan Baja 5b before and after. To me it was a gamble buying the Rovan but at the time HPI Baja was hard to come by. I would definitely buy another one. I installed a Baja Q shorty conversion kit and here is the before and after....

Before..

View attachment 123106

After

View attachment 123107

Nice buggy ,what comes with the shorty kit & how much?

If I remember correctly it was $219 and pretty easy to install for the most part. It comes with.........

shorty.jpg

I really thought it was going to be hard to control as far as wheelies but honestly it needs a bit of persuasion but stays in a wheelie for quite a distance. Turning isn't quite as good because its lighter in the front end but no complaints.

When I had the 5B SS, I had the scorpion "shorty" conversion chassis. I liked it a lot better than the original size. Fit in my hauler bag a lot better and felt a lot more responsive. I think I only drove that thing 5 times... maybe 6. Just didn't have anywhere good to run it. In the 20 years I've been in the hobby, it was probably the biggest cost/loss/lack of fun I went through. Was a cool machine though, looked nice sitting on the bench. lol!

Was also the only truck I have that landed me in the emergency room... ran a drill through my hand at 2am while building it. New lithium drill+new titanium coated bit+1 big idiot=likely demise.

When I had the 5B SS, I had the scorpion "shorty" conversion chassis. I liked it a lot better than the original size. Fit in my hauler bag a lot better and felt a lot more responsive. I think I only drove that thing 5 times... maybe 6. Just didn't have anywhere good to run it. In the 20 years I've been in the hobby, it was probably the biggest cost/loss/lack of fun I went through. Was a cool machine though, looked nice sitting on the bench. lol!

Was also the only truck I have that landed me in the emergency room... ran a drill through my hand at 2am while building it. New lithium drill+new titanium coated bit+1 big idiot=likely demise.

Man ,you must have Baja-d all the way to the hospital!....:hehe:

We have sand dunes 15 minutes from us and the next town south which is only 1/2 hour has a really big motorcycle park in which we are going to in the morning. "Friday".

Tunedpipe,

Very nice!
I'm not convinced a so called real baja is any better than a clone,

I like my baja ss okay, i got a stupid cheap deal on it years ago,
I've come to rhe point i like building as much or more than running, so i like having it plus i just sold my raco rabbit so i dont wanna weed out too many of my 5ths,

I want to make a street rod body for it, but i have other projects and i jump around, i like the short kit but doubt i would get off the $$$

Cheers
b