Bad toilet bowl effect mcx2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have been trying to get my mcx2 to fly and I am stumped. I was playing with it earlier and it had a bad toilet bowl effect. Also, it seems that if I make a stick command just at the right time it will toilet bowl even worse and crash. I was sitting here playing with it, checking the tracking and if anything looked abnormal while giving it throttle. I noticed that if you gave it WOT and lightly tapped the throttle stick to the left the top blade will slow down and eventually just stop, eZven after you let off the throttle.

What do you guys think the problem is?

I'm guessing its one of those counter rotating setups? When u want to yaw it will slow one down, we'll it does on my hexacopter but not 100% sure how they work. On my phone ATM so can't be stuffed googling it.

If you take it to Australia it will "toilet bowl" the other direction :hehe:

Sorry, had to do it.

If you take it outside and sit in a lawn chair it should fly better than it does when you're sitting on the bowl with other things on your mind. :constipat

It does actually spin the other way. Was tested

I understand that the blades slow down to rotate the helicopter but if I hold WOT and tap the throttle stick to the left the top set of blades will slow down and then stop. Then when I let the throttle stick center itself (still WOT) the blade does not speed up or do anything afterwards. Could this be a 5 in 1 problem?

I know that it is not a battery problem. I do not use the rtf radio, I have a spektrum dx5e.

Bad receiver?

I'd try and switch your receiver and see if that corrects the problem.
I had similar issues with my Heli-Max 1SQ quad, and found it was due to the faulty circuit board. Switched it out for a replacement, and all is well once again!!

Contact customer support over at Blade too...

Good luck, I hope you find the cause...

Chas

Have you tried using the RTF transmitter? Does it still do it? Did you get it new or used? Have you tried re binding it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You might also be getting some resistance on the inner shaft causing it not to respond quickly enough. It might have gotten bent in a rotor hit. Do you notice any shaking when you hold it and throttle up?

TBE is mostly in Fixed Pitch heli's not a coax. A coax should just sit there and wait for you to tell it what to do. Either the motor is shot or you have a bad 5n1.

Check to make sure the top blades spin freely when you turn them by hand, also check that the gear for the top blade meshes well with the motor.

You can always call Blade and they will send you a new 5n1, I had to do that for my mCX and my mCPX.

Barry

Back