Bad shock.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tfbaum

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I have a 2wd vxl slash. Just rebuilt all shocks including new shafts, but one shock is leaking pretty bad. Just wondering if anyone might know what is making my front shock leak so bad?

Make sure everything is mounted flat, so nothing is pinching. Also, there should a plastic spacer that should be between the two o-rings. It could also be that the bottom of the shocks is not screwed on tight enough.

id just replace that entire shock. you never know if that shock tube is a fault or even O ring could be damaged (many ways) I've had 5 different slashes in my days got 1 nib and 1st 3 " jump blew all 4 shock caps off.. while another just leaked like a sieve..

So I have a 2wd vxl slash. Just rebuilt all shocks including new shafts, but one shock is leaking pretty bad. Just wondering if anyone might know what is making my front shock leak so bad?
First I would check if your shaft is bent. Then I would check your O-ring. The see if you put the top gasket back on correctly. If all that is good, and it is still leaking, buy new ones. Ultra shocks aren't that great anyways

Back