bad servo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakkers519

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Heres my problem.. my friend drove his RC through a puddle ..now I know the receiver is messed what I want to know are the servos still good?.as I don't want to have him replace Both the receiver and servos, if its just the receiver thats no good. Can I plug his servos into my RC without them hurting my reciever if it so happens to be bad servos?

Heres my problem.. my friend drove his RC through a puddle ..now I know the receiver is messed what I want to know are the servos still good?.as I don't want to have him replace Both the receiver and servos, if its just the receiver thats no good. Can I plug his servos into my RC without them hurting my reciever if it so happens to be bad servos?

Yep, plug them into yours to test them. It's not going to hurt your receiver at all.

Thanks I known it sounded like a stupid question I just wasn't gonna risk frying my receiever lol

Not a stupid question. Maybe when he gets a new receiver, he can put it in a balloon and tie it with a wire tie to help protect it from getting wet. Receivers don't like water, crashes, and neither does the on/off switch.

Not a stupid question. Maybe when he gets a new receiver, he can put it in a balloon and tie it with a wire tie to help protect it from getting wet. Receivers don't like water, crashes, and neither does the on/off switch.
Hey back again so I plugged the servos into mine they work fine.. so I decided to mess with his old receiver before buying a new one.. and what do u know it powers on but when I plug the servos into it they don't respond.. but if I turn on the rx before the TX it goes into failsafe and when I do turn on the TX on the servos go back to normal .. just won't accept any input from the TX...so that would still mean his rx is messed right? Or could it somehow be the tx?

If the TX was thrown in the puddle beside the vehicle, then yes the TX is the problem. Sarcasm aside, it's more than likely a bad RX.

Back