Back yard track west michigan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rawroots

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Down sized a track i had years ago, was afraid tree was going to flatten my drivers stand, so i moved it behind polebarn and built this quarter size track , it's getting too cold this year in michigan but looking forward to spring, maybe a small track in barn will keep my sanity this winter, here's a few pics.0

Attachments

• 20210904_191831.jpg
    20210904_191831.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210904_191652.jpg
    20210904_191652.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210904_191726.jpg
    20210904_191726.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210905_131601.jpg
    20210905_131601.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 58
Did you do something to stop grass growing in the track? Or you just use it so much that grass does not have a chance?

I made a backyard track earlier this year, but when the rainy season came, it was quickly consumed by grass.

Someone just posted here in another thread they use vinegar and salt water (not mixed) to naturally kill grasses.

nice.so what's the statues of tree?. What scale you running? whose chair is on ds?lol great looks fun

Did you do something to stop grass growing in the track? Or you just use it so much that grass does not have a chance?

I made a backyard track earlier this year, but when the rainy season came, it was quickly consumed by grass.
Funny you ask, this spring i built this track but nobody to run with, so the track went unattended for two months and the grass and weeds grew knee high , so i weed wacked and applied grass and weed killer twice , it took about a month for all to dissolve away. Now 4 10th scale electrics are keeping them nasty weeds under control.
nice.so what's the statues of tree?. What scale you running? whose chair is on ds?lol great looks fun
The tree at the old site is still standing but looking more and more like it should heat the house through our outside burner. 10th scale electric is what we run and nobody uses those two chairs
Someone just posted here in another thread they use vinegar and salt water (not mixed) to naturally kill grasses.
I may have to try that, in the past i tried what i had laying around, tried over fertilize to burn the plants ,didn't work, tried salting them, only made screws on vehicles rust, tried gasoline but odor took month to go away, the weed wacker and grass killer sprayed only on existing plants seem to work best.

Last edited:
if you want anything to grow there ever id pass on salt water.salting the earth is bad.

Down sized a track i had years ago, was afraid tree was going to flatten my drivers stand, so i moved it behind polebarn and built this quarter size track , it's getting too cold this year in michigan but looking forward to spring, maybe a small track in barn will keep my sanity this winter, here's a few pics.0
Sick!

Just about every RCers' fantasy?

I use any combination of vinegar, salt, and dishsoap. Sometimes I switch it up and use only salt water.

Best to appl in the middle of day, when dry and hot if posdible, after it hasnt raind for a day or three.

The more dew on the grass, the more moistire in it, it kind of dilutes the weed killer and gives all the green some hope.

That's sweet bud!!👍👍 this is another reason why I need land.. very cool, I would need to add a RC park just like a skatepark. But out of dirt since concrete is a RC's nemesis..... nicely done sir!!👍👍👍

Back