axle carriers - recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBSinGTX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My stock 5309 axle carriers are due for replacement finally. I was looking at the RPMs with the oversize bearings, or maybe the PE setup. Anyone have advice, or a setup that has worked out well?

I would go with RPM.

RPM all the way ,they have a lifetime warranty so you'll never have to worry about buying new ones again.

The RPMs do seem to be ones for me. Didn't know they did the lifetime warranty on the carriers, too, thats cool. Still looking at the truetrac for the rear, seems like a good deal for a basher as I never really change my rear toe angles anyway. I'll post it up when I get it done, thanks for the input.

Might as well get the whole true track set for the rear at this point just my 2 tho!

+1 on that. I ran the RPM carriers for a few years without an issue. Had to replace the bearings once. They didn't have the true track when I had mine though. Would have liked it as it removes those rear turnbuckles which get in the way for taking out the engine.

Back