Axial Rear Axle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbycrawler86

RC Newbie
Reaction score
As the username states I am new to the crawler world. I picked up a used Axial the other day for a pretty good price. But the rear is super light and wants to lift when dropping the front down any sort of steep declines. Makes it very difficult for the fact that to keep it from endowing I have to throttle it forward quickly which defeats the purpose of dropping down slowly. Anyways I am unsure of which axle I have and what is available for adding weight to reduce the lifting issue. Any help would be very much appreciated. From what I have read to this point is I’m very limited unless I swap axles that allow for more weight additions. Again any help on that would also be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 77
It looks to be an ar44. Those are really common on scx10. I have an smt10 with ar 60 axles. As far as weighting the rear many companies make bolt on wheel weights. Just google rc wheel weights and you'll find a bunch.

It looks to be an ar44. Those are really common on scx10. I have an smt10 with ar 60 axles. As far as weighting the rear many companies make bolt on wheel weights. Just google rc wheel weights and you'll find a bunch.

thank you for the information. I had a feeling that was gonna be the only option. But being new to all this just wanted to get some experienced opinions. I gave 175 for the truck and it came with a Spektrum DX4R PRO radio. Hopefully I didn’t do too bad. Guy said the truck was stock other than the bead locks and Hyrax tires

If money is no object, Vanquish makes excellent scale axles. I use the Vanquish Currie Axles on my SX-10/JK. https://www.vanquishproducts.com/currie-rockjock-scx10-rear-axle-assembly-black-anodized/

View attachment 122956
Thank you for the information. I will definitely look into that. Cause I feel like just doing wheel weights that it won’t be enough. I could be wrong for I have been told that I’d be surprised what a few grams of weight can do to make a difference.