axail artr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crawler_man

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys i just got my axiel 10 artr and i want to put rear steer in it any help with what parts i will need so all info will be great thx john

also i am not sure what the dig is and i did a search for it and nothing any help would be great

For rear steer, get the same parts u need for front steer, and put it on the back.

Well 4ws is illegal in comps. A dig is a unit that goes on your transmission, Basically you have a servo and a set up where when you flip a switch it either locks the rear end up so it wont move, lets it freewheel, or allows it to pull with the front. This helps when you are going vertical so the back is not pushing under the front causing it to flip over backwards. Also if you want to swing the front end around you lock up the back and let the front pull. It works REALLY well. Here is a link to one for your rig.

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Backorde...nect-Assembly-now-black-in-color-p-16824.html

yeah i would definatly go with dig over rear steer any day, plus dig lets you turn tighter than rear steer.

rounded up thats almost a x3!!!! lol. but seriously man to do rear steer you are gonna have to have alot of the same stuff, a radio with 3 ps switch, another servo, more linkage, yada yada yada might as well just get the dig. you will have 4wd, free wheel and lock with dig wich is more than just letting you turn sharp, it will suprise the crap outta you as to how much dig helps you crawl.

well like i said crawling is way new to me and i am just going to be haveing fun and not competing so i found a dig but what size motor do they run and then i have to have a 2 speed controler help i just want the rear stear cause it is cool so let me know thx guys

well man if you want rear steer you will need basically teh same setup as the front has but on the back too, so links and a servo and I'm pretty sure you will need a 3ps switch on you radio.
the dig just basically replaces the rear half of the tranny and needs a servo and it also needs a 3ps switch to use it along with end points or a servo strecher. but seriously i have way more fun with dig than a rear steer rig, that my opinion though. but you can get a tq3 modded for dig for cheap! like $40.
pm me if you are interested in dig, i might have something for ya.

You will not need 2 ESC's with the dig setup for the axial, you can run any motor and ESC just like normal. The dig just attaches at the back of the tranny to lock or disconnect the rear driveshaft. Do some searches on dig and you will learn a lot.

As long as you have a 3 position switch on your radio you'll be fine. In fact, I'll help you set up a $20 TQ3 if you want, only takes about 5 minutes to solder two wires and you're good to go.

Definitely go dig over rear steer. You'll turn better with a tighter radius, your rig will crawl 20.83473 times better than it will without dig, and it will be comp legal. We all started crawling to have fun, and within a few weeks just about every one of us was getting ready for a comp.