Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Avatars as we know it are leaving. After much consideration we are not left with much of a choice. Bandwidth is sky rocketing, and a large part due to the avatars.

For this month alone we average over 16,000+ hit a DAY! So to allow this site to continue to be fast as possible we need to bring down the bandwidth, if not new membership will slow down making this site a not so good one.

Avatars will however be available to members with a higher post count. Maybe something in the range of 1,000-2,000 posts. This number has yet to be determined by the other mods, and admin.

Smilies will still be available along with the option to post pictures and attachments. The only thing changing is the ability to use avatars as soon as you sign up.

I hope everyone can understand the movement R/C Nitro Talk has chosen to take, but we feel this is an important matter that needs to be resolved.

Kind Reguards,

-WoodiE

Excelent choice Woodie. I totaly agree avatars are nice and bandwidth is not so expensive anymore its more about having a quick and responsive site that makes the overall experince better then for those to diligently post to the site they get the bonus of an avatar later on down the road. :banana:

I'm with you on this one. I have seen other sites where the graphics have spiralled out of control. Not so neat. I'm good without the avatar. The faster the better. So now it's the elusive 1000 post mark!!! Ok, here I go....

I'm glad they have been banished, it used to take aleast 30 seconds to load up the page, and I'm on broadband. But now the page comes up almost instantly.:)

i feel the need...the need for speed:)
oh it`s here,i lost mine first so i must have been a test case.

today the pages are very slow to load,do they shut down some bandwidth over the weekend nights?

good idea you don't want this site to just stop cuz it goes to slow man !!

Originally posted by x_789
Excelent choice Woodie. I totaly agree avatars are nice and bandwidth is not so expensive anymore its more about having a quick and responsive site that makes the overall experince better then for those to diligently post to the site they get the bonus of an avatar later on down the road. :banana:

wow someone was an ass licker!

no that was when the site first started and everyone got along..... those were the days...

Originally posted by humboldtblazer

wow someone was an ass licker!

:confused: I smell a useless post for someone trying to reach the avatar milestone. ;) If X was still here he would have beat you senseless. He hated people dragging up old threads.

I was trying to reach 1000 last night that I admit. I did find A LOT of the old threads funny as hell or they filled in the parts of the story I had. X is a bitch and I would call him that to his bitch ass face. I would ask him one thing. Can you kick my ass?

Back