Avanlache XTR clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Martel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
HI...someone here have an exploded view of the Avalanche XTR with the M28-P3 SH engine?
My kid tried to put some aluminum clutch shoes in but now the clutch bell looks loose even when the bolt is fully tighten because i can move it side to side...i think he lost some parts...help please.

HI...someone here have an exploded view of the Avalanche XTR with the M28-P3 SH engine?
My kid tried to put some aluminum clutch shoes in but now the clutch bell looks loose even when the bolt is fully tighten because i can move it side to side...i think he lost some parts...help please.

The clutch bell should have 2 bearings & possibly some shims/or very thin washers.
If those are lost ,then you may need a pkg of shim kit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ofna-10410-...864760?hash=item43f20ecbb8:g:TssAAOSw7FRWU5UJ

Last edited:
Thank you but i can't figure out where the shims,bearing and bevel goes....when i slip the clutch bell on the shaft there is a lot of play between the clutch belt bearings and the shaft....it look like i got all shims but i don't know where they go...i'm deep in it i think.

Thank you but i can't figure out where the shims,bearing and bevel goes....when i slip the clutch bell on the shaft there is a lot of play between the clutch belt bearings and the shaft....it look like i got all shims but i don't know where they go...i'm deep in it i think.

Its really not science ,just make sure the bell covers the clutch shoes an the bell spins freely from fly wheel.
If it tightens up when you tighten the the screw ,then you need to add a shim were the screw is!

Also .if the clutch bell closes up on fly wheel ,you would need a shim to go between the inner
bearing an fly wheel.
Note: you may not need all washers in the kit ,just make sure the bell spins freely by hand after you tighten it up!

Last edited:
ok...it spins freely but is it suppose to have a certain amount of play side to side?

What i meen is that there is a lot of play between the clutch bell bearing and the crank shaft....

Last edited:
The bell should move slightly in and out along the shaft. It should not move side to side parallel to the shaft.

You may be missing a bearing or two ,there should be 2 bearings ,one on the inside ,an one on the outside!

Does someone have a pic handy ,or do I have to russle one up?...:D