Atsushi Hara and HPI R40 win the ROAR Fuel Sedan National

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen up close and personal the new R40 at my LHS - it isnt a bad car at all. It's definiatly a full blown race car, with the same style of the MTX3, 705, and Reflex. As far as design, and handling, I would have to say it will hold its own. The only thing that worries me is durability. I say this because the a arms, and other plastic parts are much much less durable feeling than those of the aformentioned cars. But, for half the cost.....

Its HPI of coarse its going to be competitive?!Ya I know buy a TC3?:x

i personally am going to get a R40 here in the next few weeks, just saving some money now

I want a new race car, and I've looked in to the r40 and really like it

Looks good to me!

Hey Jones - Buy a Serpent instead! Not a TC3!

Schumacher or CEN or Serpent or Associate NTC3 or HPIR40 or.....

I might be getting outta nitro and switching to electric. I dunno, I am slowing moving that way. When I first got into RC Nitro to me was the only way and everything else belonged in wal-mart. No I realise that isn't so true anymore. I used to say "Friends don't let friends drive electric" but that now seems like a comment from a nitro whore. I realise that alot of the time I can't get my nitros running and they are always so messy and oily. I am looking at an Associated B4 or T4 and an HPI Pro 4.

When the news broke out that Hara won with the R40, the following morning my fhs (favorite hobby shop...the lhs here suck) was taking calls if they had the R40. I've been there about every weekend since Hara won and Elite Hobby just can't keep the R40 on the shelf. Everytime I come in someone buys it.

Personally, I don't know if it was a fluke or not. I would certainly like to check out the R40 myself. Only problem I heard (on other forums) was that people had a hard time installing their Novarossi. Some had to shave part of the tank off. Yet people who brought their R40's in the shop said they didn't have any problems installing the engine.

Are you saying that because I realize that electric would be less trouble some more convient for me hell froze over?

So silentgt will you be purchasing a tyco or a nicco?remember what seperates men from boys is their toys!:jester:

lol, stfu :stickup:
I was looking at getting the tyco Revolt kit (no batteries) for $39.99 then spending $39.99 on there nicad battery and 4 hour charger

:breakdown TYCO thats funny!see ya in the toy isle!

Back