Associated T4. 2 front hex axel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for the total length of the front hex axel on the Associated T4.2, and centre point of the pin hole
Anyone willing to measure this with a micrometer in mm? This would be greatly appreciated.
Have had no luck in finding these and will tool them myself
Thank you

Found them on Ebay. Part# 7456.

Found them on Ebay. Part# 7456.
Thank you.Those are the old T4. I need 7854 to upgrade my T4 to the T4.2 hex. it's been a needle in a haystack so far. I'm going to need to tool these from scratch i just don't know if the 7854 is the same length as the 7456. I think they 7854 is longer by a few mm just not sure. Thank you though for looking very appreciative for the help.

I got it. Can I ask why? Is it due to being able to use a larger bearing? What would be nice is fitting a T6.1 steering block so you can use the T6.1 axle.

I didn't know that I could do that. I have an original T4 that I just upgraded all the electronics on and it has the original wheels which are bald from use.I couldn't find rims to mount new rubbers on that fit, everything is hex drive now. I don't have a hobby shop that i could visit so All my research is Googled. All i could find concerning the T4 was The T4.2 upgrade. If the T6.1 steering block can fit the (9580 caster) or do i have to update that and the A arms as well?
In a nut shell i just need some new rims and rubbers?

It's not easy not having a hobby shop near to help. This forum is my best for info

I didn't know that I could do that. I have an original T4 that I just upgraded all the electronics on and it has the original wheels which are bald from use.I couldn't find rims to mount new rubbers on that fit, everything is hex drive now. I don't have a hobby shop that i could visit so All my research is Googled. All i could find concerning the T4 was The T4.2 upgrade. If the T6.1 steering block can fit the (9580 caster) or do i have to update that and the A arms as well?
In a nut shell i just need some new rims and rubbers?

It's not easy not having a hobby shop near to help. This forum is my best for info

If you know anyone with a t6.1 or a b6.1 you can check it out. If not, those parts are too expensive. Also, you can write Associated and see if that part would fit. I have the same issue with parts. My nearest hobby shop is 40 miles away and they only carry AE parts. The one that carries my parts is about 50 miles away. I buy my parts from eBay. What is the dimensions of your steering block? I might be able to find something for you.

I reached out to ae asking for the blue print for the 7854 axle. They actually sent me it so that i could have a set machined because they don't make them no

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200909-153219.png
    Screenshot_20200909-153219.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 138
Well there you go. You owe TunedPipe a candy bar. He can't eat it, so I'll go ahead and take it.

Did you ask them about converting to the new axles and/or steering blocks?

I didn't ask. But will shoot a email to them and find out. I was looking at the manuals for both and it looks like i have to change the shock tower, bulk head, A arms just to add the steering blocks that's an awful lot for a set of hex wheels I'm just happy for the print they sent me just so that one if they're trucks can stay operational. That alone should earn them a J D Power and associates trophy ? I'm gonna take it to a local cnc machine shop and have a set made. Will keep an update to this thread. Thanks for the help.

Back