Associated T4. 2 front hex axel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Reaper

RC Newbie
Looking for the total length of the front hex axel on the Associated T4.2, and centre point of the pin hole
Anyone willing to measure this with a micrometer in mm? This would be greatly appreciated.
Have had no luck in finding these and will tool them myself
Thank you

Reaper

RC Newbie
Found them on Ebay. Part# 7456.
Thank you.Those are the old T4. I need 7854 to upgrade my T4 to the T4.2 hex. it's been a needle in a haystack so far. I'm going to need to tool these from scratch i just don't know if the 7854 is the same length as the 7456. I think they 7854 is longer by a few mm just not sure. Thank you though for looking very appreciative for the help.

AClegg

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Racing
I got it. Can I ask why? Is it due to being able to use a larger bearing? What would be nice is fitting a T6.1 steering block so you can use the T6.1 axle.

Reaper

RC Newbie
I didn't know that I could do that. I have an original T4 that I just upgraded all the electronics on and it has the original wheels which are bald from use.I couldn't find rims to mount new rubbers on that fit, everything is hex drive now. I don't have a hobby shop that i could visit so All my research is Googled. All i could find concerning the T4 was The T4.2 upgrade. If the T6.1 steering block can fit the (9580 caster) or do i have to update that and the A arms as well?
In a nut shell i just need some new rims and rubbers😕

It's not easy not having a hobby shop near to help. This forum is my best for info

AClegg

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Racing
I didn't know that I could do that. I have an original T4 that I just upgraded all the electronics on and it has the original wheels which are bald from use.I couldn't find rims to mount new rubbers on that fit, everything is hex drive now. I don't have a hobby shop that i could visit so All my research is Googled. All i could find concerning the T4 was The T4.2 upgrade. If the T6.1 steering block can fit the (9580 caster) or do i have to update that and the A arms as well?
In a nut shell i just need some new rims and rubbers😕

It's not easy not having a hobby shop near to help. This forum is my best for info
If you know anyone with a t6.1 or a b6.1 you can check it out. If not, those parts are too expensive. Also, you can write Associated and see if that part would fit. I have the same issue with parts. My nearest hobby shop is 40 miles away and they only carry AE parts. The one that carries my parts is about 50 miles away. I buy my parts from eBay. What is the dimensions of your steering block? I might be able to find something for you.

AClegg

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Racing
Well there you go. You owe TunedPipe a candy bar. He can't eat it, so I'll go ahead and take it.

Did you ask them about converting to the new axles and/or steering blocks?

Reaper

RC Newbie
I didn't ask. But will shoot a email to them and find out. I was looking at the manuals for both and it looks like i have to change the shock tower, bulk head, A arms just to add the steering blocks that's an awful lot for a set of hex wheels I'm just happy for the print they sent me just so that one if they're trucks can stay operational. That alone should earn them a J D Power and associates trophy 😉 I'm gonna take it to a local cnc machine shop and have a set made. Will keep an update to this thread. Thanks for the help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NurturantQuasar How plentiful are team associated 1/10 rival mt 10 parts Monster Trucks 0
R Associated T4 hex axle upgrade Stadium Trucks 3
Jestertattoo Associated Steering and caster blocks Short Course Trucks 7
E MISB Team Associated rc10 #6016 Electric RC 2
Jestertattoo Associated PRO SC10 Street tire recomendation? Wheels & Tires 4
jlobbia Need help identifying associated nitro short course truck Nitro RC 3
Tg1671 Team associated rc18b2 motor 5000v reedy is short looking for a replacement Engines 0
Racer 1966 Reviving my Team Associated SC8 Short Course Trucks 2
pa_fullsend Team associated reflex 14 motor choices Mini & Micro RC 0
S 1/18 associated DLM Mini & Micro RC 2
Bluetickduke Team associated mgt 8.0 Nitro RC 62
PJ1 Team Associated SC8e Buggy and Truggy 3
GMCK1500shoptruck My Associated CR12 Scale RC 7
SenselessPain Team associated : Mgt .21r fuel tank. Monster Trucks 1
skurtzicus HELP: Team Associated sct10 build RC Builds and Projects 15
Slick2500 Team Associated Monster GT Nitro RC 8
Sledgehog New associated rtr MT Monster Trucks 2
F Associated rc8.2e rtr or Losi Tenacity db pro Buggy and Truggy 7
E Will Associated RC8T3.1 parts fit the orginial Assocated RC8T? Buggy and Truggy 1
J Getting Started with an Associated RC8 Electric RC 7
T Back in the game: Kyosho SC6 RTR or Team Associated PROSC10 RTR Short Course Trucks 3
Bulldogboy67 Team Associated MGT 8.0 Monster Nitro Truck Nitro RC 6
HeavyBag Team Associated SC10 Short Course Trucks 0
WoodiE Associated Enduro Trail Truck Scale RC 11
T Associated Pro SC10 Upgrades Short Course Trucks 7
T Losi 22s SCT or Associated SC10? Short Course Trucks 10
HeavyBag Team Associated RC10T4.x Stadium Trucks 26
Sledgehog Associated Reflex 14t/14b Mini & Micro RC 24
B My Associated MGT collection Associated Monster GT & Rival 97
J Associated 4x4 rtr sct pro light Short Course Trucks 7
sentonist Team Associated SC28 (req ideas) Electric RC 0
biggman100 Team associated SC10 Electric RC 0
D3MON New to me Associated MGT .21R Revival Associated Monster GT & Rival 152
K Team Associated DB8 Electric RC 2
G New to me Team Associated MGT 4.6 M/T Monster Trucks 13
Slick2500 Team Associated Reflex 14T Electric RC 6
Sledman3064 Associated RC18T2 upgrade parts Mini & Micro RC 2
WoodiE Associated TC7.2 Factory Team Touring Car On-road and Rally Cars 0
A_locomotive Bought an Associated RC10 B44.3(?) Roller, hoping to get back into racing, need help getting pointed in the right direction. Buggy and Truggy 5
WoodiE Team Associated CR12 Ford F-150 Scale RC 0
o0zarkaWater Vintage Associated RC200 - My first car Nitro RC 4
Precision R/C Associated 4.60 Engine Won't Run Engines 4
Nitro Fanatic 2016 Team Associated MGT 8.0 Help Nitro RC 5
Highballer Team Associated MGT 8.0 4-Shoe Clutch Help!! Monster Trucks 4
RubiconX Associated RC8.2e Build RC Builds and Projects 1
the newb The old associated GT2 Nitro RC 20
J associated 8.2 Nitro RC 37
O Aftter Market Servos for Team Associated recievers Associated Monster GT & Rival 0
C HPI vs Associated Nitro RC 3
WoodiE Team Associated Monster GT Manual and Parts Listing Associated Monster GT & Rival 0