Arrma Kraton 6s Blx Troubleshooting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutts4RC

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I sheared off the heads of these two screws that held the front bumper plate and front bumper when i nose dived into a brick wall. These screws also held in place the piece that keeps those front bottom pins from sliding out. I am having trouble removing those two screws on the inside (not the pins the screws need to come out) so i can replace the bumper and the piece that holds those pins in. Does anyone with a 6s kraton have any ideas on how i could get those out? I am at my wits end and considering junking the whole thing and just getting another and upgrading all the screws to stainless. Thats the nuclear option tho. Any thoughts or ideas on how to avoid that would be helpful. T.I.A.

20220830_143251.jpg

Take a dremel and cut a slot in the end of the screws and then use a flat head to unscrew them.

Stainless steel is softer then black oxide steel screws. I would not personally go that route.

What greywolf said. If that doesn't work, just get a new housing

Use a torx driver. Find one you can wiggle and squeeze into the hex. Works every time. But before you do that, spray some PB Blaster penetrating oil on the screws. Then if you have to, use a soldering gun tip to slightly heat the screws. Give them a gentle turn to tighten them first, then back them out.

G
I sheared off the heads of these two screws that held the front bumper plate and front bumper when i nose dived into a brick wall. These screws also held in place the piece that keeps those front bottom pins from sliding out. I am having trouble removing those two screws on the inside (not the pins the screws need to come out) so i can replace the bumper and the piece that holds those pins in. Does anyone with a 6s kraton have any ideas on how i could get those out? I am at my wits end and considering junking the whole thing and just getting another and upgrading all the screws to stainless. Thats the nuclear option tho. Any thoughts or ideas on how to avoid that would be helpful. T.I.A.
You got two options.

One: like @Greywolf74 said use a dremel and grind a slot in the head of screw. Then use flat head screw driver to remover.

Two: like @WickedFog said. You can use a screw extracter. I use them all the time. They come in handy.

Or you could trying to cut the head off and remove the skid. Then remove the screws with needle nose vise grips.

Always a Dremel on my bench just for that very reason.

Superzilla them best penetrating liquid I have found.
But from the reading I think this is going to be a battle .sometimes in the hobby screws do that to use the will bend in whatever they are screwed into then become very difficult to remove...Id tear down every part off that front end .then get a good set of mini vise grips I could close on front half of exposed screw then try to back them out as said above stainless is weaker then grade 8 screws also the soldering iron might help

Take a dremel and cut a slot in the end of the screws and then use a flat head to unscrew them.

Stainless steel is softer then black oxide steel screws. I would not personally go that route.
Thats an awful small surface area to dremel a slot into. Does that even work on a sheared off screw that small greywolf?
What greywolf said. If that doesn't work, just get a new housing
I dont even know what the housing is called let alone where to find one. Any ideas on this nino ? Or anyone else care to chime in?

Oh sorry, I did not see the two bottom screws with no heads lol. Get some penetrating oil on there, then some vide grips.

You got two options.

One: like @Greywolf74 said use a dremel and grind a slot in the head of screw. Then use flat head screw driver to remover.

Two: like @WickedFog said. You can use a screw extracter. I use them all the time. They come in handy.

Or you could trying to cut the head off and remove the skid. Then remove the screws with needle nose vise grips.
I have a screw extractor i can try that but if it dont work. But that third idea cutting off the head and removing the skid, the head of the screw is already gone thats the problem. And the skid is actually part of the chassis itself so would i have to detach the whole chassis?

If it was me, Id either try the dremel or the vise grip idea. Dremel probably best bet unless the screws are bent to much and really hard to turn at which point Id try vise grips.

Good point about removing the bulkhead too.

Remove that bulkhead from the chassis to make it easier. Then vise grips might get the screws out.
Do i pull the front diff totally out or just remove the bulkhead cover?

Back