Arrma granite 3s blx question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
My wife has fallen in love with a granite blx 4x4. Not the end of the world as I see it. My question is would it be worth swapping to a 12mm hex from the 14mm hex it comes with for ease of replacement wheels and tires or should I stick with the odd ball size 14? Also do regular stampede bodies fit?

A set of 12mm hexes is cheap, so having those on hand might be a good idea, in case you need to get new (or just different) wheels/tires. The Stampede 4x4 has the same wheel-base measurement, so those bodies should fit, but the 2wd Stampede is about an inch shorter than the 4wd,

Last edited:
Why do you want to replace something you have no experience with? They actually hold up very well and cheap to replace.

Buy the Granite. Put a smile on her face. Bash it and replace or upgrade things that are actually needed. Had mine for 2 years. Broke a lot of stuff. Still running the original wheels and tires. Many of the options are bigger and heavier. Puts a lot of strain on the drive train. More things to fix. Just saying.

ray he said it in his op.He wants the wide variety of rims in 12 mm ...scratching my head

@tntpoof you are correct. It is my wife's truck and she cares more about how it looks rather than how it performs for the most part. I'm the one that cares how it performs.

Back