Arrma Fireteam Throttle Lunging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamr

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I am experiencing a lunging forward when I first apply the throttle. It is not an even forward ramping up or forward motion from stop to full throttle. I have to pull the trigger a few milometers before the car moves then once it does, it takes off.
Is this normal for the Firma ESC?
Is there a way to program it for a more linear ramping of the throttle?

Should I invest in the Spektrum programmer?
Thanks.

if its Sensor less no help can be offered . you might try to recalibrate esc smaller pinion .but unless you have a censored esc w motor. not alot you can do

Like TNT said, try recalibrating. It could just be a sensorless set up issue. They are a bit jerky on start up compared to a sensored set up but whether or not you're experiencing more than typical jerkiness is hard to say without a short video clip or something so we can see what its doing

The motor is sensor-less. I went through the calibrating steps again and it still seems to lunge when the trigger is first pulled.
There are some more settings I can fiddle with like "Punch Setting" and "Motor Timing" I can mess with to see if it makes any difference?
Any thoughts on these settings?

Something I just noticed. I changed the stock Spektrum receiver and transmitter to a Flysky GT5 and a FS-BS6 which says it works on a voltage of 4-8.4 volts. Should I change the BEC to 6.0 volts from it's stock 7.4 volts just to be safe? I'm assuming the stock Spektrum receiver worked on a higher voltage of 7.4 volts.

Thoughts?
Thanks again for the help.
Screenshot 2023-02-23 192008.jpg

If the RX and servos are capable of 7.4V I wouldnt change it. The RX says its good up to 8.4V so np there.

Punch could help, Id try adjusting that. Motor timing isnt something I've ever played with a whole lot so I'm not sure about that one. One of the race guys could better address that setting.

Back