Arrma Felony ESC problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feloneee

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy. New Felony owner here. I've only taken my car out once on 3s as I'm waiting for new batteries to arrive but I just tried to run it again today and had no steering or throttle and the esc was blinking red. I've tried to reset to factory defaults and this didn't work. I've searched online and can't find a remedy. I've checked the battery and it works fine on my traxxas slash so that's not the problem either. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or if I'm missing something? Hoping the esc isnt toast already. I can get into it and change program functions etc but it just wont stop flashing red when firing up the car. Any help would be really appreciated!

Is your throttle trim on the remote set to "0" when turning the car on?

Is your throttle trim on the remote set to "0" when turning the car on?
Yep. I've tried playing with it and had it wound all the way back to zero with no results. If I turn the car on with or without the controller I get the same result. The esc does its normal sounds at start up and the fan runs. There's no funny smells or anything that would indicate it burnt out but for whatever reason the thing wont go. Other videos I've found online had people that had throttle problems but their steering still worked. I got nothing. In the manual it mentions the fast flashing red as LVC but I would have thought this would be activated when the battery gets low and not when its full. BTW the battery is a Gen Ace 6500 3s.

Actually ignore all that. I decided to do the bind process with the controller even though I didn't think that could be the issue. Well it turned out that it was. Went through the process and its all back up and working again!

Actually ignore all that. I decided to do the bind process with the controller even though I didn't think that could be the issue. Well it turned out that it was. Went through the process and its all back up and working again!
Lol. That was going to be my next suggestion. Tx/Rx connection can sometimes glitch. I have not seen it often, but I have had to rebind things, so when all else fails, treat it as a new setup and go through the whole setup again. Glad you got it solved.

Last edited:
your issue happens quit often..never happen with am/f, gear but does with 2.4

Glad you got it sorted out. Welcome to the forum. 'AC'

these issues is Normal with Spektrum ESC,s
The Motors are great.
To avoid trouble buy the Original Hobbywing ESC with Hobbywing software.
Spektrum mess up these Hobbywings with Telemetry things and so.
Yes these are rebranded Hobbywings with bad software.

Go with Orignal Hobbywing and software, Or Castle.,
Then you dont have these pain in the ass issues ever.

Spektrum smart firma is bad software .
I call them Spektrum DUMB.

The Motors are INSANE good.
Avoid the ESC,s these are Rebranded Hobbywings with Firma software that sucks.

If you dont trust me , Look at Spektrum programmer card digital and then at the Hobbywing LCD programmer.
I have anyways more info than just this.

I know 100% Spektrum Firma ESC are 100% Hobbywings with another Firmware that sucks.

Alot of RC stuff is Rebrandet.
Before they can have own brand they need Firmware that is Worse than Original actually.
Sick ? YEAH

There is about 100 different brands, if you did believe they all are different, own factorys. Own finders, and own design makers from scratch then i have to say sorry.
This is not the truth.
There is about 5-6 different real ESC makers only, and all of these exxept Castle,,. they sell the platform to others with less better software and with another design and brand name.

If you see one ESC limited to only 6volt Servo power today , this is 100% rebrand.
All the Original brands have them 7.4volt today actually.

There is also brands that only sells rebrands.
This means, they never open the market them self .

Hobbywing ESC,s are sold by atleast 15 other brandnames.
The only good one is Hobbywing, this have the best software.
Others are worse. Like Align, Corally, Spektrum. and alot more names

I really dont want to blame the FIRMA either, ok the software sucks with errors like topic starter got.
Anyways they are most before you start run notice.

What i mean is the FIRMA thing is great if you run a RC Boat at Lake or Airplane, then you want know when you only have about 25% power left
to start slow down and bring it back.

With RC Cars we dont need that junk. We have Lipo Cut Off, thats enough.
If you run RC boats at sea, or rc Planes in the sky, THEN The Firma thing is GREAT. its worth these rebind and recalibrate issues absolute.
RC CARS dont need this poop .
With normal lipo cut off you have about 10seconds drive your car closer or to you most cases.
In air and at sea this is hard too see and feel, There the Firma technology SHINES

Avoid these with RC CARS.
buy ROLLER is my tip. Have better electronics in it.

If you do RC Boating or flying, then you almost need FIRMA technology with that battery meter thing

Last edited:
Actually insane badass.

I remember when i start this hobby when i was about 10years old 30years ago.

Nitro cars was like 3s Felony today.

The looks and everything is another world today.
Wait to this guy drives it 6S lol

hahahahaa

They are real beast today RTR.,
so sick

Right now I'm self building brand new Limitless to Felony . 8s
I will use GRP wheels, so i have mounted 13mm wideners rear.
I have many Limitless, i love Rollers. because i hate stock Electronics :)