are there any small mods that can give me more power from my motor?:)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra2

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was woundering if there were any simple/inexpensive mods that i could use to boost my revo's power

what percentage do you use ? if its not high , get i higher nitro percentage, new exhaust like trinity or resonator, motor saver air filter with the exhaust is a good duo. depending on if you want, top end or low end you could change your gearing around.

I would also recomend the forward only conversion (FOC). It will make the truck alot lighter which in return gives you more power. The biggest bang for you buck would be goin with a trinity pipe to I find.

Bryson

You could get a better air filter. Motor saver is a nice one, but you have to glue the stock carb neck to the bottom of it.

Drill out the stinger on your exhaust a bit to make the hole larger.

Get a new exhaust system... Stock stinks.

The intake and exhaust are the cheapest and easiest mods you can do to up the power on the Revo. I would recommend the Motor Saver air filter and the Trinity pipe. Be warned, the Trinity is very LOUD.

making the truck as light as possible will make it faster, handle better, and break less.

foc, single steering servo, loose the easy start, etc

You could get a better air filter. Motor saver is a nice one, but you have to glue the stock carb neck to the bottom of it.

Drill out the stinger on your exhaust a bit to make the hole larger.

Get a new exhaust system... Stock stinks.

Why would you have to glue it? The carb neck on my Motorsaver works fine as is.

Hes talking about useing the stock neck because eventually the one that comes with the motor savor rubs the spur gear and will get a hole in it. Trust me I have had 3.

Bryson

ok thanx, however i was planning on getting a custom made pipe of ebay. his link is listed below.
http://myworld.ebay.com/icemann_1

i honestly dont lioke motorsaver. i was also planning on getting an O.S. 203 Super Air Cleaning Sys.

i would like to know about other mods such as manifold, plugs, etc. i am running Trinity Monster Horsepower 20%

i would invest more and get a brand name one , trinity , resonator ... better stuff for sure

DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY ON THAT PIPE! inless you just want a loud, slow, truck that goes through engines like a baby goes through diapers.

they arent tuned, they dont give the proper back pressure, and there stupid loud.

get a real pipe designed, tested, and proven with the rig.

Beason I will challenge you on this one. I have run a trinity on my revo 2.5 and got 5 gallons on it and 3.3 with 4 so far. It has really oppend up both trucks and gave them wayyy more power threw out the rmp range. I dont understand why you would say that they jack up your mills. Me and I know others here feel the same about this pipe. It is loud but not by extream amounts I find. I live in a association and my neighbors are really pissy about my cars and dirt bikes and stuff being loud,and even with the trinity it dosent bug them too bad if I only run 1 or 2 tanks. Usually ill just through my stocker back on really quick if I'm going to bash in my neighborhood for a while, while using the trinity header with a hpi cuppler. This is just my oppion and I know you have yours but I'm just saying that there is no reason to put a product down so bad that other people have had great success with. I'm done now lol!

Bryson

Beason is talking about the "Outlaw Race pipe" that seems to be all over ebay. I totally agree with Beason on that statement too! They do nothing but cause problems. You want that pipe? Might as well just take off the exhaust and run open header (Don't do it).

Beason I will challenge you on this one. I have run a trinity on my revo 2.5 and got 5 gallons on it and 3.3 with 4 so far. It has really oppend up both trucks and gave them wayyy more power threw out the rmp range. I dont understand why you would say that they jack up your mills. Me and I know others here feel the same about this pipe. It is loud but not by extream amounts I find. I live in a association and my neighbors are really pissy about my cars and dirt bikes and stuff being loud,and even with the trinity it dosent bug them too bad if I only run 1 or 2 tanks. Usually ill just through my stocker back on really quick if I'm going to bash in my neighborhood for a while, while using the trinity header with a hpi cuppler. This is just my oppion and I know you have yours but I'm just saying that there is no reason to put a product down so bad that other people have had great success with. I'm done now lol!

Bryson

if you looked at the link he posted here http://myworld.ebay.com/icemann_1

the guy sells nothing but "outlaw racing pipes"

like this, (taken from one of the EBAY AUCTIONS of the seller he LINKED TO

67_1.jpg

and ask ANYONE on here, (with the exception of maybe talon :hammer:) and they will all agree not to use that pipe.

do a search for "outlaw" and see what you find.

and not to be an ass, but read the whole thread before jumping in someones cheerios.

:whip:

i was goin to get the O.S. .30 VG Pullstart

Last edited:
besides an exhaust , more nitro in fuel ,there are not too many other things than that, oh ya , maybe a better engine. There is a limit to the upgrades to get more powere out of a truck ,
pu ton a trinity , motor saver air filter , foward only conversion,i use an os 18tm for the revo, mixed with the trinity is an awesome power together

I'm currently contacting the seller of this pipe. but are there any other simple, cheap mods that can be done to boost the power of my revo?

i was planning on the O.S. .30 VG Pullstart

asides from a new motor , thats about it

Before settling on the OS .30 VG, check on other motor upgrades. There are a few that bolt in place of the stock 2.5r or 3.3.

Back