Are rpm a-arms any good?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blubbergutts

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys are rpm arms any good better than stock arms thinking of getting some?..:)

I haven't tried them for the Savage yet, but I have them on my Slash 4x4 and they're damn near indestructible.

I've read a few good reviews but it's nice to here first hand reviews , any other savage xl hop ups recommend ?.
Thanks.

A better steering servo is a great upgrade on a XL. I run a hobbico cs-170 and its a huge improvement but there are many great choices.

I've already replaced the throttle servo with a savox sc1258 which is better than stock one was thinking of replacing steering servo. Thanks for tip.

I run stock being they are very cheap on E bay and I am a pretty hard basher and never really had a problem I've done tons of cart wheels and bad landings and only broke 1 stock arm in the last 5 years .

Well there's all kind of things you can hop up but you should do alittle research first to find out what you like. I have 2 savage xl's and there set up completely different. 1 I even made it 2wd with a lot of things changed.aulminum gh bulk heads flm shock towers rpm a arms 4 big bore shocks on rear and 4 little aulminum shocks in front, lrp motor in her right now going to be ercm modded picco boost 28 with ercm pipe. The rear diff I built with 100k diff fuild to have a more possi affect. Has no front diff and axles, 50 tooth RR spur and 17 tooth bell. Servox servos and oh rear tie rid eliminator hubs. There a few things I for got but yeah lol.

There are many things I'd like to do I was looking a the hpi suspension conversion set and blue rpm arms then wheels/tyres and steering servo all gets expensive ..
Are the ercm pipe any good heard lots of good things about them ,next on my list...

There are many things I'd like to do I was looking a the hpi suspension conversion set and blue rpm arms then wheels/tyres and steering servo all gets expensive ..
Are the ercm pipe any good heard lots of good things about them ,next on my list...

ERCM pipes are the best IMO , as of now I have them on two of my LRP 32 with tons of power and sound great .
They ran great on all my engines and they work better then any of my other pipes and they will last a life time.
You can call him he will tall you what pipe to order and what header will work best for what you are running , great guy to deal with .
I'm not at home or I would post up pic's , ok made home added pic ,I would like to add that I like the side bleed a bit better being there is loss mess on your truck from the oil.

IMG_0035-Copy_zps591ce592.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice one thanks for the feed back I'll put it on my list..

Yes get those RPM arms you won't be sorry

I got some and I was very sorry. Heavier than stock, no holes for the sway bar kit, and they bind something fierce. Let me ask you....did your stock arm break? If so, where did it break? If not, why are you considering RPM arms?

Additionally, I would not "hop up" until you have the need. And with the Savage....if you run it hard, you will have the need, I assure you. However, have a problem that you need to solve before spending your hard-earned money on a solution. RC Addicts for example has only broken one arm in five years. I had a small crack on mine but later realized it was due to a design flaw with this vehicle, and not the arm being a point-of-failure. Hope this helps

Thanks

Last edited:
Hpi stock arms do look strong never had one break on any of my old savages just you see so many people on forums with them on, they must have money to burn , do it for looks or there heavy bashers.
Either way you've all give me something to think about thanks for the help....

INTEGY BLUE ALLOY T2 COMPLETE SUSPENSION ARM & TOWER SET HPI SAVAGE XL any opinions they aren't cheap but are they any good..

Integy really looks nice, but they rarely use quality aluminum.

INTEGY BLUE ALLOY T2 COMPLETE SUSPENSION ARM & TOWER SET HPI SAVAGE XL any opinions they aren't cheap but are they any good..

As far as aluminum parts go, they're reasonably priced, horribly made.

They look good I heard bad thing about baja integy , like they don't fit properly just wondering if savage had the same reviews.ta

---------- Post added at 5:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:04 PM ----------

Are there any good savage alloy up ups apart from integy ?

RPM arms are made of great quality along with fit and finish. With two RPM complete installs I have to say the customer service I great but the downside for me is the lack of mounting holes for the sway bar kit. I was kinda disappointed when I seen there were no mounting holes.

IMO these are the best savage parts that integy make.

Integy HD Rear Hub Carrier for Savage XL, Flux & X 4.6 RTR
http://www.rcplanet.com/Integy_HD_Hub_Carrier_p/intt6979silver.htm
IMG_0068_zpsb937e47a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A little over a gal on the Integy Billet Machined 7075 Clutch set up with a HPI 15T vented CB in the XL with a LRP 32 , and its still lookin to be in really good shape.
I run this clutch in my XL and 2 of my X .
http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INTT6705PURPLE

100_2686.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

100_2558.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

100_2684.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
also the front integy steering hub is a worthwhile investement. tighter steering and bolts right to the stock plastic C-hub.i also use integy clutches!
as far as A-arms, i use stock, i have only broken 2 stockers in the 2 years i have had savages and they both broke on the front where the hingepin goes through. happened on very hard impacts with the wheel and the hingepin survived! and one of the broken arms was turned to a wheel balancer!
balancer3.jpg

2WD savage? does that not put alot of stress on the tranny gears with all the twisting you created by not having that shaft to the front differential? the tranny was designed to be 4WD not 2WD

Last edited: