are Rcs really worth it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the same thing Chief. Easy fix though. Just swap the two front tires that are backwards one on each truck and call it a day. Those are pretty cool looking trucks. I do not think I have seen them before.

I saw the same thing Chief. Easy fix though. Just swap the two front tires that are backwards one on each truck and call it a day. Those are pretty cool looking trucks. I do not think I have seen them before.

Yeah they look vintage, are those Tamiyas, I think I recognize the drivers because crawler gurues buy them and put in there cabs to give it more of a "scale" look

arrr my tyres are backwards!!?? does that effect the driving? and they are wild willy 2 made by tamiya yep :)

Sorted! wasn't hard to change..thanx for noticeing cuz i didn't :)

Last edited:
those are really cool!!! are those brushless??? or brushed??

I have a midnight pumpkin and it's as much if not more fun to run and work on as my nitro buggy. Nitro isn't fir me and I'm trying to trade my buggy for a slash or something. The best part of simple RCs like the Tamiya vintage 2wd trucks is they're bombproof and super cheap to maintain and run. Also they look waaay cooler

what do you have for a nitro you are trying to part with??? even though you will miss it when you get rid of it!!!!

I just don't enjoy running it that much. It costs me $30 a gallon of fuel so I'd rather run q brushless solid axle monster truck or start my full size monster lawn mower I'm planning on building by the time I'm 18(2 years to go)

yeh thats the thing with petrol cars, is the cost to run them. ..
i can't wait to get my 2 up and running again.They probably just need a good tune.. one needs a skid plate added and the other needs a roto start added and wheelie bar then i'm good to go! :)

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

those are really cool!!! are those brushless??? or brushed??

these are brushed but i am telling you they are super fast.. they pull wheelies and are just great fun! i've rolled them a few times because i don't like slowing down for corners but i just turn them back up and away they go .. they can really take a beating and are so smooth to run now that i upgraded to automatic sport speed control :)

and as mentioned they look super cool ..i wanna get another body shell and driver and paint them some cool colours..i wanna get lights added too.. i LOVE rc's with charater like these!

there is also the tamiya lunchbox which is next on my list to get.. my hubby is gonna go crazy with me lol

Last edited:
I have a full set-up of lights for my Baja when i get it here....with working brake lights. That should be sweet. I do wonder if they are worth it sometime too but I have fun with it so I guess it is worth it.

I have a full set-up of lights for my Baja when i get it here....with working brake lights. That should be sweet. I do wonder if they are worth it sometime too but I have fun with it so I guess it is worth it.

would love to see a pic of that!

Anything to keep the stress factor down for our local representative of the LEO community.

Just ordered lights for my scb, still in the mail. They can really add some realism to your rig, plus help run at night. I love to shoot up and down the strtt with small LED lighs attached to it. Actual LEDs in the light buckets will be even cooler.

Just ordered lights for my scb, still in the mail. They can really add some realism to your rig, plus help run at night. I love to shoot up and down the strtt with small LED lighs attached to it. Actual LEDs in the light buckets will be even cooler.

You so need to make a video of that PLEASE! :)