Anyone try these bulks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wondering if anyone had any experience with the first set of bulks (the hybrids) listed here:

http://www.2coolrc.com/bulks.html

I definitely need better bulkheads, but right now its a toss-up between the RC Solutions set and this set at 2coolRC.

Thanks!!!!
-Chris

Can't say that I have. Why not try the traxxas alum bulkheads. I have never had a problem with mine.

Originally posted by El Pirata
Can't say that I have. Why not try the traxxas alum bulkheads. I have never had a problem with mine.

I agree, the Traxxas bulks have held up on my truck through some serious bashing sessions...

I don't know how comfortable I would be with the diff case and bulk as one piece? I think I would still prefer my diffs and bulks to be seperate components. Take a good look at RC Solutions bulks, I like mine a lot!

Yeah, the more I thought about it, the more I realized keeping them separate from the diffs is better. Imagine if I had to tear down the front end for some reason.......id hate to have to include rebuilding the diffs as part of that chore.

But alas!!! A new question: RC Solutions bulks, or Great Assembly 7075 bulks??? The GA's are on sale for 115 shipped with braces, until 2/29.

But I like the fact that I can get the RC Solutions in red to match my color scheme.

-Chris

If you have the money, RC solutions are some of the best available for durability.

I don't have the money, so I opted for ACNCM's and/or Integy's bulks.

How is the weight on the ACNCM units? Spousal approval rating would be much higher if I can save lots of $$$ on T-maxx parts.........the only negative I heard of the ACNCM stuff is that its fairly heavy.

If they are the same weight as, say, the RC Solutions, I wouldnt mind saving the 34 bux per set.

Thanks!!!
-Chris

I tweaked a front set of Integy bulks, but that was with aluminum arms, which left no weak point. I have RPM arms on RC solutions bulks now and they're great. I don't anticipate any problems other than having to send off to RPM for a free replacement arm or two.

They are heavy. Not sure of the exact weight, but they don't cut out holes for lightness sake. That's why I like them. Beefy comes to mind.

I am running RC Solutions bulks with RPM arms and am liking the setup.

OK, I'm close to a decision!! Just wanted to reach out (yet again, am I annoying enough yet? :) ).

Misbehavin RC has a nice review of the Fast Lane bulks (not the hybrid ones I first pointed at, but the same company).

My decision is now between those and the Great Assembly 7075's. The price for both sets is very close, after adding in the cost of new braces to the FLMs. However, the FLMs have the 8.00 lifetime replacement warranty (well, 16 for a pair). And to make it a little bit more complicated, look at the ACNCMs with the pins included, for the cheapest price of all.

So, which would be the better choice? Those GA's look hella nice to me, and come with their own braces already. But the FLM replacement warranty is hella cool too.
The ACNCMs are nice and inexpensive (but not cheaply made), and I LOOOVE the RC Solutions, but Id like to save as much $$$ as I can. I didnt think bulkheads would be the biggest spend I had before the new season, but it looks like it will be (thats how much I hate replacing bulks :) ).

Thanks in advance, again!!!

-Chris

Last edited:
I don't have RC solutions, but if you want to buy quality, I would go with them. Their captured hingepin design is pretty much bomb proof. It will save against bending of the insanely hard hingpins they provide.

With the ACNCM, I bend hinge pins periodically. Plus, the holes the hinge pins go into are starting to get slop in them. Which means, my $50 set of bulkheads will need replacing soon. I've only ran them about 3 months (1 gallon of running).

I'm going to attempt to drill and tap my own set screw holes before i replace them though. So maybe i'll get some more life out of them.

Did you, by chance, look at Hardcore Racing's bulkheads? I run them and they are rock solid. Coupled with titanium hinge pins held in place by both a set screw and those little freaking "E" clips, these things aren't going anywhere or getting bent anytime soon.

You might want to think about them. Other than that, I'd go with the RC Solutions set.

yea i agree with sky i run the hardcore racing bulkheads and they are tough. I've put them trough hell and they still came back for more.