Anyone Running FLM's Sealed Differential?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marauder

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Slash-Sealed-Diff.jpg

http://www.fastlanemachine.com/PublicPortal/ElectricProducts/Slash/tabid/105/Default.aspx

Sealed Diff FLM20010

• Diff is machined out of billet 7075 aluminum
  • Gear is machined out of high carbon steel then heat treated for long life
  • Diff is completely sealed
  • Diff is tuneable for varying track conditions, by running different weight diff fluids
  • Complete kit, all you need is your stock internal gears and you are ready to rock
$45.00 per kit

Anyone running this differential? It's a bit pricey, but was curious to know if anyone had tried this one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not but i am curious, $45 isnt that bad if its built real nice wich it appears to be. Do you have a link for thier site?

completly missed it. their kinda expensive on their stuff imo, any one running their cvd's?

Most people are being held hostage by their "spec class" rules. This is why I haven't made the switch to CVD's yet. I can't stand how the shafts get dust in them, sometimes limiting suspension travel for me.

Just all the more reason I can't wait for a short course class to open up at the tracks.

I'm really hoping a mod class gets started up soon around here. The spec class is cool and all, but they could handle so much better with a diff and chassis change, not to mention less wear with CVD's. Of course, it'd also be cool to be able to run a different power setup like brushless. I ran the idea by a few local guys last year when the Slash first came out and they said something to the effect that if you spent so much money on the truck and upgrades, you might as well race 1/8th scale. The thing is, I didn't want to race 1/8th scale, especially nitro...I want to race these trucks modified. Now it seems that the idea of a mod class is picking up speed, so it should be interesting to see what happens in the next little bit. Hopefully more people will catch on to it and have enough to run em modified. Keep your fingers crossed...

There was an article in RCCar months ago about sealing the stock diff. I did that with 7000wt oil and it works a treat!

Hmm, wouldn't be a bad idea. What did they seal it with? I thought of using 10,000 weight fluid and sealing it with rtv silicone or something.