anyone own a power racing XR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mer

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
does anyone own a power racing X8 or XR-80 found a good deal on one the seller says this thing is insanely fast is this a good car or just some elcheapoo !!! i've looked online and theirs not alot to be read about this car any-info would be great before i get burnt..

I had one for a short time but never ran it. It's a great way to get into 1/8 scale on road racing which has insanely high start-up and maintenance costs. Make sure you have a source for parts as with any RC purchase.

Also, 1/8 scale on roads are very fast and require a skilled driver. If you haven't driven one before, try to borrow a car and try it out. They are very responsive which can get you in a heap of trouble pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I own one

Right now I own one. I love the car, but I would not race it on the track. The plastic parts breaks really easy. The few time I took it on the track, it would break a plastic part. Currently they do not sell very many plastic parts for it, or stronger plastic parts.

But for bashing the car is excellent. Me and my boys are drag racers. It thats pretty cool. It open space it give me no problems. Currently we have two of them in our racing circle.

My set up is

SH .28 engine
Cvec pipe
Jaco foam tires
44/48 spur
17/21 clutch

for parts I buy them from Michigan's
http://www.larrysperformancercs.com/

Also you can find things from happytimehobbies.com google it and it will come up.

Back