Anyone live in/near to Washington (US)?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_RC_Dude

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Wondering if there are any RCers on here near me, there's probably a function on the forum for this exact purpose, but I don't see one, and am too lazy to go check everyone's location lol!

Got excited for a split second then realized Ohio is not close to me! My mom did spend some time there studying years ago. Heard that the weather can get rough there!
Probably not as rough as it gets in Washington state. Especially compared to where I'm at. I'm in southern ohio.

Probably not as rough as it gets in Washington state. Especially compared to where I'm at. I'm in southern ohio.
Nah, it doesn't get too bad here, just a fair bit of rain, but really not that bad. Not many very strong winds/storms/hail around here. I heard from my mother that it just dumps sometimes in Ohio, like buckets, and the snow (or wind?) can get harsh. Anyway, glad you're all good! Still gotta find a LHS around me sometime...haven't ever been in a hobby shop before!

Sometimes it can dump snow and we do have the occasional wind storm once every so many years but some years its pretty moderate too.

Over in the Bremerton/Silverdale/Port Orchard area. What are you looking for?
Cool! Just wanted to know if there are any RCers near me...was hoping that I could find someone near by and we could meet, maybe have a little blast with our rigs. Anyway, I just looked your location up on Google maps, and it says it's an hour and 22 minutes (fastest route) there, and another hour and 22 min back. So unfortuneatly, we may not be able to meet soon, as that's a bit of a long drive just to meet someone! Maybe I could swing by if we're in the area for something, and vice versa. :)

Edit: Oh, I forgot to tell you were I am! I'm in the Seattle area.

Last edited:
I have family in the Tri-Cities so I do most of my track racing there. I have read other forums that say there are race clubs in Seattle. the nearest one to me is in Tacoma. For me I just don't see paying the Bridge Toll and then track fees to race there.

I have family in the Tri-Cities so I do most of my track racing there. I have read other forums that say there are race clubs in Seattle. the nearest one to me is in Tacoma. For me I just don't see paying the Bridge Toll and then track fees to race there.
Oh, there are tracks here? I haven't looked into this yet, I haven't even been to a hobby shop before! I've been able to figure out any issues with Reddit (reddit.com/r/rccars), and I'm sure RCT will be a massive help on that stuff too. Also, I don't do any kind of racing whatsoever, I'm a casual basher, and not the kind that you see on YT sending their car to the moon, flat out in a skatepark. My buggy isn't set up for racing either, though it's dialed in pretty good IMO. Yeah, going to Tacoma to race would be kinda far.

Last edited:
If you got to rctech.net you will be able to find the Seattle groups. At least in Pasco where I race we have 1/10 scale 2wd/4wd Short Course Race Trucks (ie Traxxas Slash), Buggies (all types) and also 1/8 scale Buggies/Truggies. On club days it is mostly Electric but the big traveling race series also has Nitro.

If you got to rctech.net you will be able to find the Seattle groups. At least in Pasco where I race we have 1/10 scale 2wd/4wd Short Course Race Trucks (ie Traxxas Slash), Buggies (all types) and also 1/8 scale Buggies/Truggies. On club days it is mostly Electric but the big traveling race series also has Nitro.
Cool! As I said, I don't race though.

You might be surprised. I don't take myself too seriously when I go to the track. As I don't know my area too well for just general bashing areas I gives me a way to get out of the house and interact with real people and even learn somethings about the hobby and my cars.

You might be surprised. I don't take myself too seriously when I go to the track. As I don't know my area too well for just general bashing areas I gives me a way to get out of the house and interact with real people and even learn somethings about the hobby and my cars.
Also, I don't do "extreme bashing", and I don't really go to specific places just to drive, I drive pretty much anywhere (fine, I'm a bit picky, no mud, dust, sand, and water, I prefer to keep my rig cleaner). I don't give my buggy a very hard time, thus breackages are few and far between (though ipgrades are not lol!)! Yeah, being able to go to an RC enviroement must be nice!

Back