Anyone know much about the horizon Ruckus 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batdadof3

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Having issues with losing Signal between the controller and RC. Also questions about batteries and chargers.

I know a little bit about rc things..what type of radio?. whats the chargers name?.

It uses 7.2v dynamite 6 cell 900mah nickel batteries. The radio is an ecx 2.4ghz radio system.

Ok.is the rx antenna broken at all?. is it broken inside the protective coating? fresh batteries in radio and rc?.so this is the 1/18 scale ruckus then.. any nimh battery charger will charge that battery . it being 900 mah tell me you need to charge at less than 1 c.. id say 1/2 amp.. you might need to condition battery to get a full complete charge into it.. thats the lowest charge your charger can do like .01 amp it will take maybe 16 hours or so.. that will bring all cell up to 1.48 volts with a 900mah bat. your run time might be in the half hour range.

Fresh batteries in both and no breaks that I can see. See I want to get better run time and faster charge time. 9 hours to charge is kinda dreadful I really want to switch up to lithium components but don't know if it was possible to with this one...also I can't get my transmitter on the RC to stay in place...I have replaced the double sided tape and still having issues.

The stock esc doesn't have a lipo cutoff, it isn't really rated for use with lipos. The stock brushed motor will run also hotter with a lipo battery. Longer runtimes will lead to increased heat which can lead to the stock motor burning up.

You want a charger where you can adjust the charging rate, especially with smaller batteries since they can't handle much current (amps). A cheap option is an Imax B6 charger https://www.ebay.com/itm/HTRC-imax-...702835?hash=item340e35bf73:g:mQIAAOSwE91di-2B.

I use Gorilla double sided tape or E6000 if the Gorilla double sided tape doesn't hold.