Anyone have an ECX Torment?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

battledonkey

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I searched, didn't turn up anything on this forum on them.

The fam and I went to the LHS last weekend and my 9 year old step daughter saw all the SCT playing on the track and loved it. She has a Losi Micro Desert Truck right now but I was thinking about selling one of my Tmaxxs to help fund getting her a brushed 2wd Torment and me a brushless 2wd Torment. They're the "budget" SCTs the LHS stocks. I've read good things on them but I'm hoping someone here has some real world experience.

I'm thinking it could be pretty awesome to spend a couple Sundays a month zipping around the track with her.

Any and all input is appreciated!

Doyle

They're great entry level trucks, the shop I worked at sold a bunch of them and only had issues when they were first introduced. This was when they were still Electrix, every issue that we saw was handled by their customer service. They're a Horizon Hobby brand so you will get great customer service. The only down side would be the lacks of aftermarket support.

Thank you sir. I'm excited to start racing with her.

getting her a brushed 2wd Torment and me a brushless 2wd Torment.

Get both in brushless, simply turn hers down until she's ready for more. Brushless advantages are not only more power and speed; they're also quieter, lower maintenance and far more efficient. IME, you'll get darn near double the run time on the same battery pack.

I just bought her brushed one about 20 minutes before you posted. I just bought one to make sure she's gonna like it. I didn't break the bank and she gets to see how she likes a new hobby.