anyone have a RC10 T4 or T3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was looking an a T4 at the LHS today and I REALLY like it. ANyone have one of these or the T3, and if so how do you like them? Is there another electric vehicle simialar that you think would be better for me?

You wont go wrong with the ae trucks,lots of parts and they have been out for a long time....

I preffer nitro but my lhs only caries nitro products

oh I've got plenty of nitros. And a fifth scale gasser. I just want some electric for my quick fixes. I'm almost done building a pretty good sized off road track at my house, and I want to have a few RC's that I can go fool with when I only have a few minutes.

is that 1/5 a baja? I was looking into one. not cheap though. anyways lets not turn this thread into me.

oh yea baja 5b SS. You can see my build in my thread labeled "it's finally here" amazing machine. I got my Savage X SS out today because I haven't driven it much since I built it. Today was the second tank of fuel since break in. Anyway, it isn't going to get run much because of the inconvenience.

I have a T3 and a B3. Both are very good little cars. Getting parts for them is going to become harder and harder, as AE only supports their old models for about 4 years. I plan on eventually upgrading to the T4 and B4.

Hands down, I'd say the AE cars are top notch stuff. I like them MUCH better than Losi's stuff anyday.

OK. I have been thinking about getting some associated stuff, but I'm not going to get any more nitros right now, so when I saw that my LHS was carrying their electric stuff, I decided it's about that time. I'm building a track at home for practice and they are building a small track at the LHS to hold club races, so now is a good time to get into racing and get a nice T4 or B4, and I think the T4 will do better for me around the house.

You'll definitely enjoy the T4, and of the two, I'd say it's better for your first foray into racing. It's a bit more stable, yet agile enough to grow with you. If you do plan on racing with it, my advice is to pop for the factory team edition; it comes with all the hopups you'll need. The downside is, you have to add your own electronics.

Yeap I was considering the Factory Team edition, but since this is my first electric, I was considering getting the RTR, and then after I got familiar with it and electric motors, getting the Factory Team kit. Then I'll have a backup as well, and it will be cheaper than replacing everything on the rtr truck. I know nothing about racing class rules, what motors I can run, and all that stuff so I want to get started with something that has a motor and ESC. I would really like to get a kit that comes with the motor and ESC, then I could have the best of both worlds.

The classes are a piece of cake. I would start off, since it's your first electric, in the "Stock" or "Sportsman" classes. Either one requires a 27 turn brushed motor. ESC, anything Novak makes is a great place to start. I personally have an Atom in my B3 and T3. Great little ESC's. They're older, but still decent. Typically, all racing forbids the use of reverse, so get one either without reverse or with a reverse lockout feature.

Typically the racing class rules are pretty clear. The only real differences are the skill levels of the drivers, the motor types (stock, mod, brushless) and cell count of the battery pack. Call up the LHS and ask what they would allow in each class, and go from there. The only key differences are the motors between classes. That's it. Oh, and you can run 7 cells in modified.

Now, the first time on a track... Go on a non race day, so you can have as much time as you want/need. The first few packs, don't worry about anything other than just getting around the track. As you progress, you'll get the hang of it quickly. The key thing to practice is smoothness on the controls, using all the ranges of your throttle and steering.

Once you get that down, the rest is gravy.

Well I know the guy that runs the LHS really good. I was talking to him yesterday and he said they're going to be pretty relaxed on all the class rules for a while unless they get a bunch more racers, because right now theres not a whole lot of people that will be racing. I will be able to go to the track pretty much everyday during the week and practice when I want to and have the advantage of being the only one out there most of the time. I've been working on my track here at the house all morning, getting it all layed out on the ground. About all I have left is getting a few corners finished and building the jumps.

Sounds like you're more than set. I checked out the layout plans you have on your project thread; the track looks good. You need not worry too much about track size. If you go brushless, you'll actually want a little extra room. Then, as you progress, tighten the track up a bit.

There's a track here in the area that I run on from time to time, and 90% of the time, I have it to myself. Too bad it's not maintained at all... It has potholes big enough to lose a savage in.

Sounds like you're more than set. I checked out the layout plans you have on your project thread; the track looks good. You need not worry too much about track size. If you go brushless, you'll actually want a little extra room. Then, as you progress, tighten the track up a bit.

There's a track here in the area that I run on from time to time, and 90% of the time, I have it to myself. Too bad it's not maintained at all... It has potholes big enough to lose a savage in.

Wow, now that's a pothole. It would be nice if you could get a group of guys together and start a club and work on the track a lil at a time to get it in better shape.

Yah, but the downside is, there's already a local club here that I helped start... I quit the club when it got too "uptight" and political. The track is supposedly going to be re-made sometime this summer, when it dries up weather-wise. If I had the land, I'd make a track in a heartbeat.

OH ok, I understand what you mean about the club. I wouldn't want to be a part of that either. Our hobby shop is building a small track behind the shop, and they might not be able to run nitro because of the neighborhood that it backs up to. This track that I have is way out in the country and it will be a while before I have enough good dirt on the whole thing to hold serious races. My step-dad has been talking to me about building a track in the middle of town on some commercial property that we have. I think it would be an interesting business venture and a lot of fun. I'm going to see how much interest is generated at the LHS first, and if they have a big turnout and can't run nitro or gas, I may open one up to the public and start a club.

If you do make a track on it, a word of advice: Fencing, and plenty of it. I would recommend the fencing around the track and pit areas.

There are a couple of reasons, but mostly to help trap runaways. The other reason is to prevent people from ripping the daylights out of the track with dirtbikes, ATV's, and other assorted vehicles.

It will also help cut down on theft, since there is pretty much only one or two entry points.

From there, pit tables are easy enough to make. The hobby shop I worked at, we used giant cable spools as tables. Worked pretty nice, and they were decently cheap. The owner of the shop got them for next to nothing, if memory serves.

Also, restroom facilities and a few trash barrels (50 gallon drums work nice, but I'd recommend a dumpster, or something of the sort). If you have electricity, lights for night racing (electrics) and for A/C is a definite must. Make sure, of course, that you make it so you can securely cut the power (a locking shed), so you prevent people from stealing your power.

Also, a water hose tap is a great addition.

Now, as for the facilities themselves.... You can actually use an old camp-trailer (or something similar) for the scoring booth.

Lastly, drivers stand and bleachers. Fairly easy stuff to make. Just make sure you anchor them down.

Oh, and to prevent any sort of trouble, make sure you provide handicap facilities (a ramp to the drivers' stand, etc).

That's all I can come up with for advice off the top of my head. Granted, it sounds like a lot of work, but you can easily do alot of the stuff fairly easy.

Well I have a 12 foot security fence with barbed wire around the top around the whole property. Power and water is already there so that wouldn't be a problem, and I have a small building for the scoring booth. As for the drivers stand and bleachers, we own a steel fabrication plant so they would build that stuff. In fact they are building the one for my home track as we speak. We also have restrooms on the premises, the only thing I dont have is dirt.

Well I have a 12 foot security fence with barbed wire around the top around the whole property. Power and water is already there so that wouldn't be a problem, and I have a small building for the scoring booth. As for the drivers stand and bleachers, we own a steel fabrication plant so they would build that stuff. In fact they are building the one for my home track as we speak. We also have restrooms on the premises, the only thing I dont have is dirt.

Shoot, sounds like you're a mile ahead of the game. The only thing I failed to mention is a PA system and some sort of starting tone. Oh, and a computer to do your scoring on.

If you plan on having AMB/RC autoscore (highly recommended), the best way to lay the timing loop is to get your track 100% prepared, then go to a yard sale, pick up an old circular saw thats' seen better days, and literally saw your grooves in the dirt. A dull 10 inch blade works dandy for this.

Dirt is the easy part... Just get some sifted clay, and you're in business.

H B has a lot of good advise one thing I would add is that if you want to make electric easy go brushless if your LHS track will allow it . there is way less maintnence no comutators to cut no brushes to replace and generally longer run times with brushless, its a little more expensive in the beginning though. I also have a T3 and its a great truck and like H B said the trucks are way more forgiving, good luck and happy racing.

Back