Anyone else go back to a SB revo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I spent all this time and effort getting the BB installed, getting the shocks/springs setup to support the weight (blue springs/P3 rockers/40 weight), finding a header/pipe I liked, making my own throttle linkage... all to find out that I just don't care for all that power in the revo. It's uncontrollable and especially so on a track.

I took it to a MX track Saturday and hated it. With the suspension being stiff enough to not bottom out all the time, it was as useless as a maxx! When I wasn't trying to gain control in a straight while feathering the gas, it was doing a wheelie. Rarely did I hit second gear so I never had decent speed for a jump.

So, I was up until 1am last night finding all my SB stuff and re-installing the 18TM. I thought I was supposed to run at the track today, but plans fizzled. I'll see how it works soon I hope. I softened up the springs to green all around vs blue. It feels more planted when I drive it now. With the 3.3 chassis, 18TM and Fantom pipe, it's just geared/powered enough to not pull a wheelie on concrete.

Any others go back to a SB?

I've allways been a small block guy but I find that good enough for me. For you id think that it would be cool to have your lst for a big block and the revo for a small block. Your suspension, Idk... I run p2 rockers with purple rear and blue up front with 50 weigh oil and find that a winning set up for bashing and racing. I run that on both trucks, but as a bash set up I find it takes alot to get it to bottom, at least a 5 foot drop and thats alot for me. I'm more of a distance guy.

Bryson

I'm running a Picco 21 in my Revo that's all the power I need I've got it geared very low if I went any bigger I dont know if it would be as much fun driving it. I can change the pinion and spur gear if I want it to run faster it's cheaper than buying a new mill, I've got alot of $$$ in it as it is dont need to spend any more on a new engine.

well..

i use to run the sirio .23

frustrating picking your truck up and puting it back on its wheels every few minutes isnt it?!

OS .18TM all the way!

the revo's drive train can handle the bb power, but its just not the type of truck for bb power.

The Sirio 23 is still a Small Block. Just like the TRX 3.3, they engineered it to have the ..20 size in a Small block crank case. Great idea. The true BB requires a BB conversion. The Sirio 23 and the TRX 3.3 are in encased in a smal block crank case.

uhm..no kidding

it still produces a crap load of power that the revo can't stand

Back