Anyone else getting hit with this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin2048

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
this huge snow storm, is anyone else getting ton of snow? i live in Holmes, Pennsylvania. its near the Philadelphia area. we are getting tons of snow. it snowed last weekend and right now there is a blizzard. there is so much freaking snow its unbelievable. I'm using this as a good chance to build up my T Maxx and upgrade it so when all the snow melts i have a great truck =] ill see if i can get any pics up here to show you guys how bad it is. i dont think the plows re gonna have anywhere to push the snow.

not me, i am in the gom right now. the wind is blowing pretty hard but its only maybe 45-50 degrees

I'm getting it i live in NW PA. . .we got hit pretty hard

I live in Mahopac NY which is about an hour north of the city and so far we got about 2-4 inches and its still coming down very hard! The weather dude said that the worst of the storm is still on its way! Should be done by about 10 PM tonight they said though! maybe another snow day tomorrow! haha

On my way to a 7:30 appointment this morning I saw some flakes swirling around me. Very annoying to drive in. :hehe::p:
I didn't move from New York to Knoxville without a good reason. :) Bright, beautiful sunshine right now.

its still coming down hard here. we are supposed to get more snow on Tuesday too. looks like a 7 or 8 day weekend =]

It hit hard here too, it's just in liquid form. It rained like hell Monday, was beautiful sunshine yesterday and today...More rain coming tonight!

Yea id say within the 2 hours of my post on this thread we got about another 2-3 inches of snow!! It's awesome!

there is a light snow shower right now. it looks like its gonna stop soon. i hope it doesn't

heres what we got over the last 36 hours, and there is more to come
snowstorm001.jpg

snowstorm002.jpg

snowstorm003.jpg

snowstorm004.jpg

snowstorm005.jpg

snowstorm006.jpg

snowstorm007.jpg

Pittsburgh is getting smacked pretty hard.. they can't keep the roads clear

I just saw that on the news and they also said that the firetrucks and other emergency vehicles are having a hard time on the roads

yea its still snowing here in Mahopac! haha

The snow picked up a lot here. My poor chevy cavalier is almost completely burried. I went out with my camera to make a video. I'll upload it when my brother gets off the computer. Man... It's gonna be a bitch trying to dig my car out of this tomorrow. Maybe I should just leave it till that other storm blows over

they closed the scookyl expressway... Oh my god. They also said this passed the storm that I was born in on march of 1993

Last edited:
We've got about 8 inches in Beckley. Radio station was calling for another 3-5 tonight.
Roads are pretty bad, too cold for the salt to work. Maybe it's me, but it seems like the plows aren't out as much after they cancel school.

Wind chill was 5 below this morning. Doors were froze solid on my pickup and had to drive the 'ol lady's ride.
Somebody at work suggested spraying WD-40 around the weather stripping. Anybody tried that? Any other ideas?

Don't know which was worse today. The cold and snow. Or having to run my mother-in-law around town for 3 hours after work. :\
Don't care much for either, but the cold and snow doesn't cut into my beer drinking.

We aren't getting hit as bad as some. But damn it seems like it's been a long winter. I'm trying to look at the bright side.
Should be some nice days next month...
Was at Lowes yesterday and they have their seeds out...
I'm starting to plan my garden. Would like to grow some ghost or some red savina peppers this year. That should turn up the heat. :D

Last edited:
Yea, ridley township has just about stopped the plowing. Earlier they had plows on the trash trucks and everything. No more. The last plow came down my street a few hours ago... I guess I can say goodbye to the plans I had for tonight

It's really not too bad by Cleveland standards. I think Pitts and Philly are getting it worse than us. Maybe I'm just seasoned. :shrug:

We've got about 8 inches in Beckley. Radio station was calling for another 3-5 tonight.
Roads are pretty bad, too cold for the salt to work. Maybe it's me, but it seems like the plows aren't out as much after they cancel school.

Wind chill was 5 below this morning. Doors were froze solid on my pickup and had to drive the 'ol lady's ride.
Somebody at work suggested spraying WD-40 around the weather stripping. Anybody tried that? Any other ideas?

Don't know which was worse today. The cold and snow. Or having to run my mother-in-law around town for 3 hours after work. :\
Don't care much for either, but the cold and snow doesn't cut into my beer drinking.

We aren't getting hit as bad as some. But damn it seems like it's been a long winter. I'm trying to look at the bright side.
Should be some nice days next month...
Was at Lowes yesterday and they have their seeds out...
I'm starting to plan my garden. Would like to grow some ghost or some red savina peppers this year. That should turn up the heat. :D

Digger, I am with you. This has been a damn long winter. Southern MD is not known for its big snows as is the western part of the state near you. We average about 20 some inches a year. We have gotten over 36 inches in 3 weeks! Any more snow and I am going to need back surgery. I am tired of shoveling... and the snow blower beats the S**** out of me so I don't which one is worse. I have also spent 3 straight weekends couped up with the kids. Any parent knows that that is enough to drive you insaine! Plus side is the snow is up to my rear end so I don't have to reach far to grab the beer, and the snow keeps it nice and cold between shovel loads. Man I can't wait for spring. I just hope it melts nice and slow.... we don't need any floods. This has been the coldest and snowiest winter I can remember in all my 32 years. At least this weekend is the daytona 500, I can at least watch warm on TV!

Last edited:
Back