Any possible damge to a new HPI Nitro RS4 RTR 3 Evo +

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ras

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello Friends,

I got my HPI Nitro RS4 RTR 3 Evo + two weeks back from now, I have been very disappointed as couldn’t start it till now, reason being. Initially I thought it’s the glow igniter which was faulty but had a replacement one and still couldn’t start.

The adaptor was getting hot when charging the igniter but the glow igniter wouldn’t be hot at all, the sales guy suggested it may be the adaptor and he is yet to send me the adaptor now..

I am a bit concerned as a I have pulled the pull starter cord close to may be a 100 times to start the engine but keep failing, could this be a potential damage to the engine???
I believe the pull starter to be tight at times and loose at the other times, is it possible to stuff up the car by pulling the pull starter many times, if yes I am contemplating to return the car, thanks

Yes i did prime it everytime i tried starting

Then it's possible that you primed it too much and it might be flooded.;) & I don't think that there's any way that they are going to accept the car as a return due to the fact that already put gas in it !:D

It's a great car dude, I just got mine about to weeks ago also and I love mine. Starts everytime. Is your throttle trim on your radio turned up enough? Check to make sure you primed it enough. Also is your lsn and hsn at factory flush settings?

Alright, well if you've primed it you wont have damaged it, just flooded it.

Alright, well if you've primed it you wont have damaged it, just flooded it.

Exactly what I said !:D:p:

It's a great car dude, I just got mine about to weeks ago also and I love mine. Starts everytime. Is your throttle trim on your radio turned up enough? Check to make sure you primed it enough. Also is your lsn and hsn at factory flush settings?

Why would you mess with the throttle trim on the radio yet, why don't you(he) just adjust the idle screw for now.:shrug:

Both would work I'm just telling him the easyiest because he can't even start it LOL.

Although they're always close, not all new rigs will start right out of the box. Being new to it, you won't know what to look for.
Before you make things worse, bring the car back to the store and tell them you have never been able to start it. They should make the proper adjustments to make it start, and from there you're on your own.
If they won't do that, make sure you tell the OWNER that you expected it to run, and if they can't help you it will be the last thing you ever buy there.

Both would work I'm just telling him the easyiest because he can't even start it LOL.

Yeah I guess so, no kidding huh !:hehe:

Although they're always close, not all new rigs will start right out of the box. Being new to it, you won't know what to look for.
Before you make things worse, bring the car back to the store and tell them you have never been able to start it. They should make the proper adjustments to make it start, and from there you're on your own.
If they won't do that, make sure you tell the OWNER that you expected it to run, and if they can't help you it will be the last thing you ever buy there.

:goodpost:

No, i couldnt started it as yet, the new charger and glow plug would be delivered to me tommorow. My doubts is my old charger gets very hot but that does not nessecary mean that its charging the glow igniter, as i have 3 glow igniters, the shop owner told me it could possibly be the charger issue as they are not meant to get too hot, Does the glow igniter get hot a little bit when charged, in my case it dosent, i am just fed up with the whole experienece, as its been more than 2 weeks and i couldnt start my car...

No mine doesn't get hot when charging. So you used other glow ignighters and still couldn't get it running? That sucks man because it's a really fun car

Yeah, no kidding.......I guess it just wasn't meant to be.:D But I hope you get it started A.S.A.P anyway !;)

Does the charger get hot when charging the glow igniter, in my case it does good hot, so you mean to say the glow igniter wouldnt get hot even a little bit of heat when you touch it, very annoying

I finally started it, it was the charger that was faulty

hi Guys, i finally started it, i was very excited, it was the faulty charger that wasn't charging the glow ignitor

havent been able to start my gigacrusher for 9 months now :( ..thats a differnet story :hehe:

GL to the OP

Back