Any mushroom hunters?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNorris

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Went out today to get some, it took about half an hour to get a grocery bag packed full! Definatly a good year for mushrooms! Anybody else go mushroom hunting?

What kind did you think I was talking about???

j/k j/k, morels only, I got one 7 inches long right when I got there.

They are actually pretty healthy for you. I have a friend who grows Shitaki mushrooms....they are great for you; if I could only eat them.

I normally hunt them, but it's a bit too early here. It's not really been warm enough for them yet. I only take two kinds. They are the only kind I know is safe to eat. We call them sponges and spikes (or dog peckers). Soak them in salt water overnight, roll them in flour and fry to a golden brown. Best thing going.

I like hunting them... I hate eating them.

My parents live on about 19 acres of land and when I head up to see them this weekend I might take a walk through the woods looking for some!

sponges are morels, I dip them in egg then flour with salt and pepper, then fry them with half butter half oil, best thing I have ever eaten off of the forest floor.......... come to think of it the only thing

I've partaken in some mushroom eating myself.....wont do it again!

We have a neighbor that is a mushshroom fanatic. She's always wearing some sort of mushroom festival T-shirt, birkenstocks, etc you know the type lol. Anyways, she volunteers to go around the neighborhood and pick the mushrooms from your yard. A bit odd IMO.

Only mushrooms I eat come from the supermarket. I love them sauteed in butter/olive oil or fried golden brown in a light batter.

I get them at the supermarket and I love them. Mushroom soup, stuffed mushrooms, mushroom gravy....love it all.

I only hunted them once, but it was too boring to keep my attention.
No matter how many you blast with the 12 gauge, the rest are just too stupid to run. They just stand there, thinking if they don't move, you won't see them.
Not very challenging, if you ask me.

Rolex, no offense but wow lol, what a dork....lol jk.

I was gona ask the same thing, is there a bow season for em? and what stamps do i need to get on my license.....

No bow season on them. No license needed. I just go out really early in the morning and sneak up on them when they're feeding on the dew.
Nothing cooler than seeing those chubby heads disappear with a blast from both barrels.
It all started by trying to chase them out of my back yard with a BB gun. They kept coming back, so I had to get tough.

I don't know about hunting them, but at times I think that I am one. They always keep me in the dark and feed me manure......

Back