Any local tracks near reading.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez1985

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi am thinking about starting up rc car racing. I live in reading is there any local tracks near me. Also wot would you recommend rc car to buy batteries charger ect i don’t mind spending a bit for a good good set up. Any help would be great. Thanks.

For a race kit I would recommend something from Team Associated, Losi, or Mugen. Theres other good race teams out there too but those are 3 of the bigger ones that come to mind.

You want Lithium Polymer (LiPo) batteries and you'll want a charger that can read Internal resistance of the LiPo cells. THIS one is a good one to start with. You can run it off of AC at first and then if you want more power out of it later you can run it on DC using a DC power supply. You can also do 2 batteries at the same time independently of each other.

Hi thanks for the reply. Have you any links for any of the cars and batteries ect you have in mind.

Hi thanks for the reply. Have you any links for any of the cars and batteries ect you have in mind.
It would be best to find a track first and see what they are running. Every track is different. It doesn't matter what car you go with, if they don't run them, you can't race. So do a search in your area for rc groups on say, FB 🤢🤮. Sorry, I get sick every time I say FB 🤢🤮🤣🤪

This was a quick search for RC tracks near Reading, PA. Looks like Ultimate RC Pitstop has an indoor carpet track. Give them a call. (484) 987-7551
Screenshot_20210823-190010_Chrome.jpg

What kind of kit are you thinking about racing? Buggy, truggy, on road, short course? Once i know what class you want to race I can post up a couple links.

As for LiPos Id use something from SMC to start with. Good bang for the buck. Whatever the highest mAh and C rating you can find that will fit in whatever kit you buy. Something around 5000-6000mAh and soemthing around 120C is what Id look at for 1/8 scale racing.

Hi was thinking on road
I'm assuming 1/10 scale on road since thats the most common. Id probably look at something like THIS but Id check with your local track and make sure that they have a race class for this type of kit before you buy it.

Back