Any ideas how to fit this engie?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One other question I have is why is it that they advertise a LRP .30 engine has 4.12 HP and the KME billet .60 engine only has 2.48 HP???? That doesn't really make any sense to me. Shouldn't an engine thats twice as big have more power?

Because the Lrp turns a lot more RPM than that engine there for makes more power.

So then I guess I should just go with the LRP.

That's a sweet looking engine but I can see some problems using it. Making it fit shouldn't be too bad,but the cooling head will be insufficient for ground operation and as mentioned,the rpm will be a lot lower. It will have a lot more torque and gearing will help compensate some. You would also need to know if the crank size is the same to fit an 1/8 scale clutch and flywheel.

Don't believe the HP claims,they are all exaggerated. If you do go for it,keep us updated. I'd like to see if you can pull it off :D

I would save the headache and go with the LRP.

Is a cool looking engine, but you will also have to figure out a way to start it with a bump starter on the flywheel since it doesn't have a pull/roto start on the back. That in itself will be quite a task on a savage chassis...

I have decided to go with a LRP .32 engine. That should be a nice motor.

Yes the LRP is a MUCH better choice. Any bigger and you really don't gain any performance really. They actually end up going slower because of the lack of gearing combos to make up for the extra torque.

I don't know what the Lrp Zr 30 X costs, but it has a claimed RPM of 38,000. The Z 28, Zr30 spec 2, and 32 are all right in the 33,000 rpm range.
It's always cool when your engine has wicked torque and speed.

Too bad it would be going in a Savage and can't use a bump box because the .30X is an animal. They cost right at $200

Oh, didn't notice that. I wonder if the .30 cranks are identical, with different sleeves.

Well now I have to choose between the LRP 30 and the LRP 32. What is your guys opinions? I would have to swap the plate on the 30 to make it pull start but if you guys think its better than the 32 thats what I will do. I guess I will do some more research. I like the idea that the 30 revs higher.

I run a ZR30X in my Savage, converted from a bump to a roto-start, awesome engine for a MT, and insulated carb makes tuning a breeze, set it and forget it

if you dnt mind me asking buddy what is wrong with your old engine out off the savage? have u still got it and is it fully working?thank you

Actually it is brand new never run. I will keep it as a spare.

Didn't even realize a 32 came out! lol The last I saw was the 30. Guess I don't keep up on all the new ones since my 28's run so well. Got a BNIB picco 28 sitting and waiting for an LRP to die... could be a while, has been sitting for well over a year.

Back