Any computer guys?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking to get into pc gaming but just basic games like CoD and GTA, Counter strike and whatnot.

So I want to know if this will run these games fine.

-AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor (3.2Ghz) with AMD Radeon HD 7560D graphics

-6GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM(upgradable to 32gb)

-1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 rpm)

-Built-in 2.4GHz single-band 1x1 wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n

-Microsoft Windows 8 operating system preinstalled

I can pick this up for $480 because I am looking for a budget build and this is the perfect price for me.

It should be fine, but more RAM is better and I would see if you can get Windows 7 on it.

Little things like no task bar or easy way to turn off the computer easily. I'm kind of old school and like to be able to run things from a command line if I choose to. I'm also not fond of the Metro interface and the requirement to be connected to the internet for all the gadgets on the Win 8 home page to work.

Ah. I see. It's from best buy so I will find out. But I think I might have a copy of Win7 laying around.

I would look at getting a standalone graphics card as well. The integrated graphics cards suck for gaming but you should be able to get a decent card for about $100. Also more ram would be nice but that can be upgraded on the cheap later.

I don't think it has integrated graphics

---------- Post added at 6:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:51 PM ----------

Also would bumping it up to 10gb of RAM be sufficient?

As long as you upgrade the memory in pairs of DRAM sticks you should be okay. I would double check on the graphics, because a lot of computers that list the graphics that way are using integrated GPUs.

Yeah I think that graphics cards is a builtin deal. Even if not it is a very low end external card and will have trouble playing any game on decent graphics setting with a good frame rate.

yeah i think that that graphics card is integrated... and 10 gigs of ram would be fine... i use 16 but its more then enough

Ok. Well I am getting the impression that I would be "alright" with this setup until I could save up for a different graphics card.