Any CEN GST 7.7 Opinions??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knightrider955

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I decided against the Redcat 3.5 from the advise of you guys. I've been shopping around and stumbled across the HUGE CEN Gst 7.7. Looks like a awesome truck! Anybody on here own one or know someone that does? Id like some input on this Rig. Looks like a sweet ride!!

Not much experience with the truck, but the NX-76 engine was underwhelming, to put it mildly. I tried one in my Losi Mega Baja; it was slower than the stock .26 sport engine.

If you want a beast of a monster truck, go with the MGT 8.0. Better built, better engine, much better support.

+ 1 on the MGT they are a good rig. If you upgrade the toe links there a really sold rig. I don't think the Cen rigs are in production anymore. With AE producing the Rival which is pretty much the electric version of the MGT I would think getting parts will still be easily available for a while.

So is there any big difference between the 8.0 and 4.6 MGT besides the engine. And is the Savage XL camparable to the MGT? I am looking for a beast of a truck. That Schumacher Manic Twin V-36 truck looks like a killer too! Twin cylinder engine!!

Last edited:
Of the trucks listed the Savage XL is the best choice. It's a tank out of the box. The HPI 4.6 is also the best of the engines listed.

The twin engines are really a gimmick like a supercharger or NOS.

+ 1 on the MGT they are a good rig. If you upgrade the toe links there a really sold rig. I don't think the Cen rigs are in production anymore. With AE producing the Rival which is pretty much the electric version of the MGT I would think getting parts will still be easily available for a while.

Another +1 for the MGT.

That Schumacher Manic Twin V-36 truck looks like a killer too! Twin cylinder engine!!

If you're looking for a bashing beast stick with the Savage or MGT.

I have a Manic Twin and although the cool factor is off the scale,
durability and parts availability are lacking. :\

I just acquired a Savage xl. I am not really that impressed so far. I would go with the MGT I have two and love them. I am getting to do a custom build on one of the MGT's! And a stock 8.0 MGT will run all over a stock XL savage.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and bought a CEN GST 7.7. I just wanted a really Big truck! And that CEN Dwarfs everything else.. Did some looking around and there is a really good aftermarket and oem for parts. We'll see.....

Why did you ask for opinions when you already had your mind made up?

Hope it works out for you, but I suspect you'll regret the decision.

@ Knightrider, Even though I have no interest in owning a CEN GST, I'd really like to see some pics of one just to see what they're all about.
I'd also like to read your personal performance review of this truck once you run it through it's paces. just for curiosity sake :thumbup:

Last edited:
I didn't have my mind made up. I didn't know much about that CEN rig which is why the title say Any CEN GST Opinions? I don't think I'll regret it since I can make that truck into whatever I want it to be. Just like the other rigs. But I wanted to be the biggest!

I recently bought a Nemesis 7.7 off of a friend( same as GST without 3 speed), I had to completely disassemble clean and reassemble, all of the trucks I own are big nitro monsters(LST XXL, LST2, Warhead, X1CRT) and this thing makes them look like 1/10th scale. I just finished fine tuning the engine and it runs great regardless of the negative things I have heard. I runs around 230 to 240 on a hot day and has massive amounts of torque. This truck puts the BEEF in beefy. Everything is over-sized. Things is this truck has the overhead shock options and a 3 speed. I love this thing. Hope this helps....

---------- Post added at 7:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:58 PM ----------

I can post some of my Nemesis 7.7, its really a different type of truck.

---------- Post added at 7:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:07 PM ----------

Lookat my albums I have some pictures of the CEN on there.

picture.php

Thanks for the input. That's what kind of made up my mind was a picture that another guy had on here. He had a CEN GST setting with two MGT's and it completely dwarfed them! That's the truck for me!

Good luck with it, I haven't read too many good things about them and the videos I've seen haven't been too impressive. If you're going for size, you should've gone 1/5 scale.

I can't afford 1/5 scale. I'm only into this rig 200 bucks. Next on the list will be that Manic-36 twin truck. I want to start collecting all the Big Dogs.

For what it's worth, the Manic .36 is not a big truck. Its the same dimensions
as a 4910 T Maxx. Its actually rather small in the monster truck category.
Also consider you'll be paying $400.00 plus for a complete, good condition used truck
(on average)
One more thing to consider, parts availability or lack thereof.
I had to order a majority of my backup parts direct from Schumacher in the U.K

I don't mean to rain on your parade, just throwing some knowledge your way before you spend your hard earned money.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right. But the cool factor is off the chain!! Its one of a handful of rigs I want. MGT 8.0 is on the list too! If I have to wait on parts I'm ok with that. I'm in my late 30's and in no hurry.

@ Knightrider, Even though I have no interest in owning a CEN GST, I'd really like to see some pics of one just to see what they're all about.
I'd also like to read your personal performance review of this truck once you run it through it's paces. just for curiosity sake :thumbup:

Well it came in the mail yesterday. In a too large box with no bubble wrap or anything inside. Radio, rotostarter and igniter just bouncing around in there the whole time. Also everything was covered in stale fuel. Put in fresh batteries. Throttle servo glitches so bad that it wont move much when I pull the trigger. I have extra servos. I wanted a winter project and it looks like I got one for sure!!

Back