Any Bowhunters in the Forum?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanson357

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Any nice deer taken this year? I'm here in The Liberal Republic of Maryland and bow season opened Sept. 15. Right up the road in Pennsylvania, it opens this Saturday.
So far this year I've let a few does and a button buck walk, waitin on a nice 9 I caught on the trail cam last year. I've seen him but he has eluded the cam so far this year.
DGC_0214-1.jpg

DGC_0071-1.jpg

A cool front just moved in over the weekend and hopefully they will become a bit more active.
Good luck to all the hunters out there and post your stories here, I'd love to hear em.

Louisiaina bow season opened yesterday, hope to get out this year. I got the diamond black ice imma try out this season, if i can ever get away from work.

Havent shot the Black Ice but i hear it is a great bow. I shoot a 07 Guardian. Good luck buddy and lemmee know how your season goes.

I havent gone out bowhunting for a few years just no time

If we had any freakin deer in californian I would bow hunt, or hunt deer for that matter most certinley. I stick to upland game more then anything, less clean up and tasty deep fried lol. One day id like to go back to Iowa for balck powder season though, one day.

i dont hunt personally cuz its too much work but my buddy just got a cow last week, big ol bish.

If we had any freakin deer in californian I would bow hunt, or hunt deer for that matter most certinley. I stick to upland game more then anything, less clean up and tasty deep fried lol. One day id like to go back to Iowa for balck powder season though, one day.

You need to get of out So Cal man.

I have deer on my front lawn for cripes sake.

They are everywhere in my area. A few weeks back I saw a pile of what was left of a deer on a hike. Mountain lion had itself some dinner the night before.

I want out so bad, I would love to move to Bishop if only I could figuar out what to do for a living up there lol. I would actually really like to move to Utah at this point. Deer are thick up there, along with open land!

Yeah.

I would love to move up to Weed CA. People aren't all uptight and there is an ass load of outdoor fun up there.

A couple of months ago we were up there shooting and taking out ground squirrels which are a real problem to the ranchers. A cop pulls up and chats with us for awhile and then leaves. If that happened around here, my guns would have been confiscated and I would have been told to vacate the premises.

I'll be in Upstate NY from Nov. 12-19th at my buddies hunting cabin.. The first few days will be bow, then the guns come out...
I got a few doe tags for the island, just may start a lil early this year...
This will be my second season with my Hoyt Vectrex XL... The bow is an absolute beast.. Whisper quiet, and throws a broadhead like no ones business... Good luck with that 9 pointer...

I'm glad to see so much interest! Good luck this year and keep safe guys! (already had one death in MD this year from a fall). Maybe we could keep this thread open for stories and pics of that hammer buck we are all chasing?

Back