Anti-Wear Grease.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

Seeing that I don't use gear differentials anymore, I have a full tube of AW grease that I bought. I was wondering what other applications I can use this on, like can I use it on the differential case, or on the CVD's? Please LMK of your suggestions. Thanks!

-Coby

I would probably put some on the ring and pinion gears....

Hmm, good idea. What are the "rings" you're talking about?

The two main diff gears. The big gear that the diff cup bolts too is a ring gear. The gear that connects to the center axle is the pinion.

What's "anti-wear" grease? Isn't that just kind of a redundant way to say grease? Or is there something special about it? I know about anti-seize you use on 1:1 lug nuts... but not familiar with the grease... grease. :)

The two main diff gears. The big gear that the diff cup bolts too is a ring gear. The gear that connects to the center axle is the pinion.

What's "anti-wear" grease? Isn't that just kind of a redundant way to say grease? Or is there something special about it? I know about anti-seize you use on 1:1 lug nuts... but not familiar with the grease... grease. :)

All you ever wanted to know about grease types and applications: http://www.machinerylubrication.com/article_detail.asp?articleid=798

Sorry, I'm a chronic googler. I see a question like this and I have to go look it up to get mah learnin' on.

Back