Antennas

• Thread starter SAVAGE_BASHER_K4.6
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGE_BASHER_K4.6

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What up fellow crawler buddys. i have a quick question for you guys.

I have been looking at your crawler pics and i was wondering what you guys

do with your antennas? i have mine in a tube stickin out of my truck body

and its a pain in the neck when i remove my body and also when i roll over it

gets all smashed up and bent out of whack.

Right now iam running a futaba radio. will it affeect anything if i coil it up and

stuck it away some where under the stock radio tray?

Thanks guys

Savage_Basher

This is what you need to do. Don't just coil it up or bundle it up, if it touches itself like that, it will cause problems like interference. However, you can use a piece of lexan and make a little holder that will keep it all bundled up without letting it touch. This is copied from another post I made today. You also have to realize that a lot of us are running 2.4 GHz, so the antenna is only 4 or 5 inches long. Here's what you need to do to solve your problem, and the truck will look A LOT better without an antenna sticking up.

You could cut a pice of lexan about an inch wide and 3 inches long, and put holes down both sides about a half inch apart. Then, lace the antenna around and around the lexan, going through the holes to keep it from unraveling. This will make that antenna a lot shorter and out of the way, without causing interference.

ok cool

lol i just read that after i made this thread. then i can mount that piece of lexan under
the stock radio tray with no interferences right?

i just ran mine like this, body covers it perfectly. Had a slight issue with the back tires touching it, but it was easly fixed
IMG_0092.jpg

I think he antenna is a lot longer than ours, Alpine, but I'm not positive.

I'm running a stock JR, it shouldnt be that much longer.

I'm running a stock JR, it shouldnt be that much longer.

I thought you were running spektrum technology.

I'm useing my 2.4 React. so my antenna is about 6 inches long, i just keep it under the lid.

Yeah with my Futaba 2.4, I have my antenna tube running under the body. But the guys with those big long antennas have a lot more to work with (I know, that's what she said)

Yeah I would go with the laced lexan route if I was in your position. It's easy, and it gets it out of the way so you don't have to fool with it. That way, you never have to worry about if it's getting chewed up by moving parts and things like that.

I just havent gotten my new spektrum receiver in to run in the axial, I'm probably gona take it out of my sled pull rig because i havent even turned over the motor in like 4 months.

yes i am gonna make the lexan plat tomorrow at work. thats a great idea.

Hey alpine how thick of gauge did you use on your triangle plate you made for your lipo pack?

I think it was .40, its whatever was left over from my new losi body. Just a piece of advice, if you look at mine, it is cut to size from the top of the metal links, to about 5mm from the connection under the servo. It only took about 30 min for the entire process including paint, and installation.

awesome thanks alpine. iam working on fabing 2 of those right now and a clear lexan plate for my antenna to wrap around to get it out of the way.