Antenna tube cap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Tired of losing your antenna tube cap on your rx? I was working on the Anti-Christ this morning and I got a wild idea to fix my missing antenna cap. All you need is about 1 - 2" of fuel line and 1 -2 small zip ties. All you need to do is slide the fuel line on top of the antenna with the excess antenna wire either snaked through the fuel line or pinched against the antenna tube. Once you get it started it gets easier to milk down the tube. Leave about 1/4 - 1/2" of excess fuel line sticking out and add a zip tie to the free end to stop it from snaking down further. If you are worried about is coming off you can add another zip tie to hold the fuel line onto the antenna tube. Here a pic of the finished product:

CIMG9144.JPG

So I guess the K3 ain't getting the pony pregnant this month wearing so much protection. :whip:

Nice Idea. That could be done as a field repair.

Yeah it could but I was at home and realized that I ran out of tip covers. I have plenty of pieces of fuel tubing that are either too short or have outlived their life so I decided to give it a whirl.

As far as zip ties go, hell, I get those my the truck load.

I like the idea but as usual i have other comments

Did anyone notice what was in the background?
50407425.jpg

Originally posted by El Pirata
You mean you missed the Pony thread I made?
No! I saw the pony thread i just found it ironic that you actually had them, lol.

I'd run it without the zip tie. That amount of fuel tubing should hold itself in place by friction alone (unless it is that monster fuel tubing you just bought for your fuel line mod).

The zip tie was put in place so it didn't inch further down the tube leaving the end exposed, thus defeating the purpose.

I have tried that in the past but choose to use a regular cap. You can purchase them 20 at a time for $3.00

I have found the tubing to be to heavy on the top of the antenna and will cause it to flop around way to much. Believe it or not a swinging antenna with weight on the top will cause a buggy to become unstable and change course in the air. You may want to re-think.

Good point. I'll let you know the next time I take her out flying. BTW, do you have a link to where I can get 20 for $3?

i'm with bhwilder

awesome idea! course i haven't driven a buggy,

i think i just got :bowned:

i think it's sleepy time, 11 pm here! peace my friends

Originally posted by bhwilder
Shrink wrap!!

I use a 1.5" piece of shrink tubing to hold the end of the atenna wire in place. It can still be moved but will not just fall off.

Buncrana said:
I use a 1.5" piece of shrink tubing to hold the end of the atenna wire in place. It can still be moved but will not just fall off.

stupid question but do you heat it up to shrink it around the antenna or do you just find one that fits tight enough you dont need to shrink it?

I leave my antanna dangling out of the tube? I havnt had any problems yet? Why are yall so worried about the caps?

Back