Ansmann Royal Flash Ruined Help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dre1995

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After deciding I want to get back in my RC I dug out all my old equipment and came across my complete Ansmann Royal Flash with a brushless setup however the front and rear differential are both chewed to bits! (A combination of wrong ratio and too powerful motor/battery, I built this years ago when I was abit of a brushless Newbe...well still kinda am).

I was wondering if it would be worth my while replacing/upgrading the diffs and then running a different ratio and smaller battery or am I wasting my time with this? My second plan was to try to find a decent roller and transfer all the electronics over then strip the ansmann for parts which I am leaning more towards that at the moment.

thanks in advance!
346E991C-A093-44B8-B907-1C2AFB262E34.jpeg
78B96AA3-25F4-4867-8CAB-40CCB9E6C7D5.jpeg
3718EB04-C733-4007-AA3E-CE80929F3D0B.jpeg

So it was running;

Radient Reaktor 3500kv 540 Sensorless Brushless Motor
3S 3600mah LiPo
22t pinion
64t spur

rebuild diffs anyway you can the part # is 125000225 theres 1 on ebay now,, drop it down to 2 cells .I dont get how a radio caused this to happen...???

Thank you so much! I was struggling to find part numbers and could only find a complete diff for strong money so wouldn’t have been financially viable. I have a few low power 2 cells I run my 1/16 boat off so that wouldn’t be an issue. I am very new to brushless electric so thought if I run a lower ratio it would be less strain on the diffs and prolong the life span but i am a complete newb so I don’t know if I am right in thinking that...if I could rebuild this Ansmann I would be delighted, thank you again!

Hi Dre1995,

I have also dug out my old Royal Flash and have a similar problem.... tracking down spare driveshafts.
If you do decide to strip your RF, i'll happily buy some bits off you depending your location.

Thanks

Hi Dre1995,

I have also dug out my old Royal Flash and have a similar problem.... tracking down spare driveshafts.
If you do decide to strip your RF, i'll happily buy some bits off you depending your location.

Thanks

I have replied to your message in the DM’s:)