Another Yeti

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping for sky-blue-pink with purple polka-dots. lol

The paint is done, the only thing left to do is buy new foams. For what it's worth this Dynamite Fuze system is the best 1/10 system I have owned, 3900kv motor with 5mm shaft, 130 amp esc with fan...it's a beast!

121515151515_zpsloekza16.jpg

I just ordered a DLUX Fab axle housing with the larger pinion bearing, I'll try to get good pics and give a review on it. I also ordered a pair of Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild Single Stage 2.2 foams, should help with the high speed handling.

I'm really liking the paint job

you should like the foams for the high speed I'm using some in my wraith right now and they getting better the more you run them i find

The new parts should be here Thursday and I planned on tearing it down tomorrow....That was the plan. I wanted to get a little runtime before the tear down, I did a couple of high speed donuts and a tire came off. At first I thought the wheel nut had come off like last time but then I noticed the wheel was still on the truck, this is the first time one of these wheel let a beal slip and it came off as smooth as could be.

tire%20gone_zpsqhsocmqt.jpg

I installed the Dlux housing with the larger inner bearing and the CI foams last week, after several runs on 3s it seems to be doing great. Anyone running a Yeti or Wraith with a little speed really needs to try the Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild single stage foams, the handling is a night and day difference!

A look at the new housing
Dluxfab_zpscqo92hgy.jpg

Loaded and ready to go
13131313_zpscntkmani.jpg

Thanks for the info Pete, just ordered up some DW foams and some tuning rings. That's really the only place I find the Wraith lacking is high speed handling. Since I have multiple sets of wheels and tires, I'll set up one set for all out crawling and one for higher speed / bashing.

I think your going to like them! With the stock foams the tire would fold over onto the side walls while turning, the wheels would scrap the ground at times.. The CI foams prevent that from happening, I'm still fine tuning the suspension but I'm loving them.

Back