Another Yeti

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I traded the G6 for a Yeti kit, it was partially built so like most of my threads...no build pics lol. The only upgrades done are a grip fab locker in the rear (installed by previous owner), 3.5 lbs coil springs up front, and I have VP hubs for it but I need to get the hardware so I can install them.

yeti_zpsdexz1a5y.jpg

I did a test fit on the body panels before paint, get ready for one heck of a boring paint scheme!

yeti1_zpsqv96rsao.jpg

I like the stance with the hd coils up front

yeti2_zpslirhxdp3.jpg

I got at least 5 minutes on the G6 kit, I thought that was pretty good.

I did a test fit on the body panels before paint, get ready for one heck of a boring paint scheme!

Red, but you'll swear to have tried to get orange. It's okay man, you can like red RCs.

If you get to drive it before you trade it you will like the YETI we have enjoyed the heck out of mine.

Griff it should be running by the end of the week so I will drive it at least once.

Red, but you'll swear to have tried to get orange. It's okay man, you can like red RCs.

No more orange paint for me, red rc's suck!

No more orange paint for me, red rc's suck!
But red is the new orange. lol.

I had to do a lot of practicing on clear 2-liter bottles to get the right effects for some of my projects. I'm still trying some things out for my latest mERV lid that isn't really working for me...

I've accepted that I suck at painting, I'm thinking I might just shoot some flat black on the outside of the body and call it good....with my luck it will come out red

That was my favorite paint job for the slash bodies i did. Dark color (like brown/black/charcoal gray) on inside with white or light gray primer on outside. Damage looked badass, and could easily spray over it to fix it good as new.

I picked up some hardware today and got the VP hubs installed, 225 up front and 725 in the rear.

hubb_zpsbklhn9jc.jpg

huba_zpsqa7h9h6m.jpg

what size bolts did you use, I have them sitting here waiting to go on my YETI once I get the rest of my upgrades.

great thank you

Not even one 2s pack through it and the rear diff is toast. The rear axle was already built when I got it, and I don't have a small enough nut driver to take it apart so I took a chance and ran it. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to try and find a nut driver or just cut it open.

get the smaller nut driver save yourself a couple of bucks. I have only blown through one diff and that was because the pinion was missing a bearing.

I took the rear diff apart to find brass bushings holding the the pinion shaft instead of bearings. The inner bushing is worn out and the pinion chewed up the inside of the housing so it looks like I'll need everything except the locker.