Another Redcat Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior4Jesus

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
So I really have been researching and watching video's and reading reviews (probably 1000's of them) and I just don't see where all the animosity for Redcat comes from. Why do I care? Because as a business I am considering being a Redcat salesperson in my area as quite possibly one of the few things I could do from home that I would be interested in doing. I have not even read the reviews on Redcat's site as clearly they would be biased. I have only watched non Redcat affiliated average Joes on Youtube. I have read Amazon reviews and any review not directly associated with Redcat and I can only come to the conclusion of they are getting a bad rep. Would it be a big deal to not bash Redcat unless you've personally had experience with them? I realize also I am preaching to the choir as other than my 1/5th scale I don't own one either. But that is about to change. Oh and I cannot find 1 for sale on craigslist in my area save 1 electric Blackout. Anyway Just a thought and an idea.

Redcat might be pretty good these days. I think alot of the hate stems from years ago when they were still new and very cheap. Poor designs, HUGE lack of aftermarket support as well as most of their products didnt even offer replacement parts, especially the parts you really needed, like drive train parts. I think they slowly started getting a market to support their rigs but it was a long time after the fact. They might be pretty good now, in fact I've watched plenty of Redcats being bashed without any breakage. So its same to say the new Redcats are far better than the old, which is where the bad press all started. I do still personally think they are a lower quality rig, but if a model you are interested in has full replacement part availability (including suspension arms, all gears, steering linkage and so on) then it is a good option for a lesser spender.

You can always buy one and come back to us and tell us how you found the buying experience, after purchase support and upgrade slection. But as others have said, the first impressions of a company can change your view on them for a long time, meaning that you're less likely to purchase their vehicles and find out the truth. If you do become a salesperson then I'm sure Woodie will fix you up a badge for that :)

Last edited:
So I really have been researching and watching video's and reading reviews (probably 1000's of them) and I just don't see where all the animosity for Redcat comes from. Why do I care? Because as a business I am considering being a Redcat salesperson in my area as quite possibly one of the few things I could do from home that I would be interested in doing. I have not even read the reviews on Redcat's site as clearly they would be biased. I have only watched non Redcat affiliated average Joes on Youtube. I have read Amazon reviews and any review not directly associated with Redcat and I can only come to the conclusion of they are getting a bad rep. Would it be a big deal to not bash Redcat unless you've personally had experience with them? I realize also I am preaching to the choir as other than my 1/5th scale I don't own one either. But that is about to change. Oh and I cannot find 1 for sale on craigslist in my area save 1 electric Blackout. Anyway Just a thought and an idea.

From everything I've read and seen Redcat is very hit and miss in terms of quality although their 1/5 scale stuff seems to have less quality issues than the 1/8 scale stuff. Its pretty much the inconsistency that prevents me from buying anything they make. at least in terms of 1/8scale or smaller. I might be tempted to buy a 1/5 scale from them but I'm still a bit leery of them. The big thing that really kind of kills any curiosity I might have about redcats though is their lack of after market hop ups compared to other more mainstream brands. Just my .02

I love redcat I have one of there mini crawlers and I have never had problems with it and I abuse it by hooking weights to it and pulling them around wheel hopping never broke

I love redcat I have one of there mini crawlers and I have never had problems with it and I abuse it by hooking weights to it and pulling them around wheel hopping never broke
They're not serious, just for messing around with- you've found the perfect use for them :)

Back