Angry with Dell

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weezracen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I don't know much about pcs. I don't know much about tech support from other companys besides dell. But in my opinion dells costumer support SUCKS! To make a long story short I was trying to send a message from ms works as a email. After about a hour I figured out how to do this. When I was paying around I found that if I tried to cut and past my letter from my page and paste in the body of my email the email pop up would get froze on my screen. If I tried to cut and paste it to my aol email account I got the boot off the net. This is not right! So i call for some tech support since the pc is less then 20 days old and has under warranty with tech support I thought this would be no big deal. Just to find out that to get the tech support I need is a fee program. They say it is softwear support not hardwear support and is not covered. Even tho my contract says (softwear, softwear contracts in home).

What really gets me mad is when you call to buy a pc you talk to someone in the states but when you call customer sercive you get transferred to another country. I guess in other countrys the customer is not always right! They don't want to here that your pc is under warranty and you don't want to pay for there problem. ( I am sorry sir this is fee support) or was that free support they just said? Can't even understand them! I was all over for about 4hrs trying to talk to someone who would fix my problem. At this point in my mind DELL would not stand behind the softwear they sold me. I will refuse to pay to have something fixed that I just bought and was not right when I bought it.

At last I got in touch with the girl in the U.S who sold me the pc. I told her that I need to talk to someone who could resovle this issue. After I told her how I feel and that if they don't stand behind there product I will stop payment on my check send there laptop back and when they get it it will be in pieces. They finally got the point and are going to trouble shoot this problem with me. Dells customer support is a big run around I never had this much trouble with any other company with anything I ever owned. Sorry I guess this was not a short story after all. But it's just the tip of the ice burg!

So to the people who told me that DELL would not fix this :p: thankx for nothing. Cause the customer is always right! The girl in the US could not agree with me more that this was not my prob and I should not have to fix it! Only after I told her off!;)

Last edited:
hmmm..Thats strange. I always thought dell customer service was the best. I agree with the differen't country thing, thats stupid. One time I had to talk to dell about a hardware issue and I was up til 4 in the morning on the phone for about 4 hours with the guy, but never got it fixed. I guess its just there hardware support thats good, because I had to get a new power supple for my old dell, and no questions asked, they sent me a new one, and I didnt have to send the broken one back. I also had another issue that my hardrive went out on my laptop, and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. Sorry to hear this bro.

I don't really know to much! Far as the hard drive stuff it's under warranty for sure. I just don't like the gray area about the softwear support. The way the sell it to you is very missleading. They sell you tech support and then when you call to use it they say you need tech 2 support. Wich no one ever mentioned when I was buying the darn thing. So even tho it took me forever and they got me all frustrated in the end dell is going to make good even tho tech"2" support is not coverd. I am still very happy with my Dell I guess they don't suck it was me. Really they could of stuck to there guns and not help me at all so dell service support does not suck. Sorry I was really pissed when I wrote this thread.

Last edited:
Should have got a Mac. LOL I have 2 Dell machines and I have never had any trouble with them YET. The support thing and speaking to someone that can hardly speak engrish does suck. But for an extra fee you can speak to someone in the good old USA. WTF ???

Last edited:
It may have won a few battles, but it will lose the war! I do like MACs but there sooo darn expensive! I am very happy with my dell and if I had to do it again I would not change a thing.

Last edited:
How do you make your Mac go faster?
Drop it from a higher window.

How many Mac users does it take to change a light bulb?
Four. One to consult the manual that came with it, one to call tech-support, and two to sit and wait for the 'Smiley Face' to appear and say 'Welcome to Macintosh'.

Seriously, why do these people buy Macs?
The boxes PCs come in are too hard for them to open.

%$#@@! dell %$^*# them #%#@ Now they tell me that they can't help! There just like my girl nother big pain in my a$$!

Last edited:
I worked for Dell in the server support division doing customer service. Dell tech support is US based in three locations: Round Rock, TX; Minneapolis, MN and Oklahoma City, OK. You may have had someone with an accent on the phone, but he was in one of those three locations. If you have written down the case number or numbers that the techs gave you, you can send a nasty e-mail to michael @dell.com. That is the CEO's e-mail address. He gets all the bad stuff and the fecal matter rolls down hill. Let him know exactly what happens. If there is a next time and you're not happy with the level of support, ask to talk to a supervisor. Make sure that you have the tech's name and the case number. This way the proper person can be reamed and put on review.

Big thankx for that e-mail. No they kept sending my calls to Inda I guess that is were Dell on call tech2 support is out of. It was inda for sure I ask them. I even asked if they could get me someone in the states. They said no dell is a world wide company and they do not have a way to do that wich is bs. But i will look in to this since I have that e-mail. Thankx again cause I gave up. You rock!!!!!!!

Back