And so it begins, a new home for RCNT.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After spending literally the last week working on quotes and service contracts, things are finally coming to a point for the new home of RCNT. In fact everything in terms of ordering the server and hosting service has been completed as of 3:00 EST today.

The server:

(2) Intel Xeon E5520 2.26Ghz quad core CPU's
(2) 4GB DDR3 ECC registered RAM
(1) Adaptec 5405 RAID 10 controller
(4) 146GB Seagate 15K rpm SAS hard drives
(1) 1U server chassis

Data Center Network:

rcnt-network.jpg

In other words, we've got a number of connections to the outside world. So in terms of network connectivity we shouldn't ever have any downtime... however that doesn't include my screw ups. ;)

Speed Test Links:

These two links should give you an idea of what kind of download speeds to expect to see.

Test 1: http://tinyurl.com/yb5dzml

Test 2: http://tinyurl.com/yc9jsqs

When to expect changes:

Soon, in fact probably sooner than I even planned. I've talked to the server builder and he projects having it completed by the end of this week. The server will then travel via UPS or FedEx in a nice big box to the data center to which the data center will then install and hook up the server. Shortly after that our new server administrator will work on turning the new server into a web server, update it, secure it and then start transferring the websites from the old server to the new server.

Outages:

I don't know all the hairy details from the server administrator yet, there is a very good chance that there might be no down time at all. There is also a chance that some might see outages as long as 48 hours. The good news is, once the initial move and possible outages are done we should be on our way to a very fast and happy server!

THANKS!

Those of you that have donated to the new server, THANK YOU. While we still haven't reached out goal yet, it's really because of the donations we have received that's made this happen.

If you care to make a donation and possibly a change to win a free gift card (donations over $75 also get a free TeamFastEddy bearing kit for the HPI Baja!), head on over to our Donation Page.

-Michael

That's great!

Thats awesome! Dont know what most of that means but As always, good work Woodie.

Woot Woot! I have been eyeing the Donation Page. Was shocked to see that you are still a little less than a grand short. I will see if I can do more with this next paycheck.

I will try to send a little bit.
Haven't been on much until the last few weeks. But I still enjoy the forum. Consider a lot of you friends.

Good luck with the new server.
And as always, hell of a job Woodie.
Not something you have to do. We appreciate it and wish you the best.
Thanks to FastEddy for contributing the bearing kits.
I lost quite a few keyboards reading some of your posts...
Hope you are well.

That is a sweet server setup. Also building in redundancy with the multiple connections not only improves bandwidth, but also helps the site stay up and running should one connection go down. Woodie... hats off to you and your team... Job well done!

Congrats!!! Glad to see the ole site thriving!

Where did Rob come from? Haven't seen him on here in a very long time.

holly hell!! its robriguez! they are coming out of the woodwork!

Next thing you know, Zandor will come back to "educate" the noobs on NOS and superchargers.lol

Sorry, Didnt mean to derail the thread! lol

I check in every once in a while but its very rare. I havent run any of my rigs on a consistant basis in almost 3 years. I still have them all in hopes of one day having the time again.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'm happy to still see some familiar screen names keeping things in order.

If you're reading this message, than welcome to the new server! Much to even my amazement not only was the new server installed this morning but setup, updated, configured and all the sites moved to the new server.

We're finally own our very own server! Doesn't get much better than this!

whooo hooo!! i was wondering if the down time was the switch over.