And I Have Another New Job!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After a year of 7-eleven, I just couldnt take anymore of the hour cutting, backstabbing & all around trash talk on my grave shift. So I said f*** it!

As of this last Saturday, I have become the overnight baker at my local Smith's grocery in the bakery.

I pretty much bake breads, pies,donuts & so on and so forth.

Last night was my first night alone by myself, and it was so incredibally overwhelming I can't even think right now (just got off)

I just hope that I can learn everything because it is an un-imaginable amount of things to do and learn in 8 hours.

Also, going from $8.50 to starting the bakery at $14.05 I could not turn down.

And thats all she wrote lol!

Congrats on the new job. That's a big $$ jump and what in my mind would be a much safer job. No brainer for sure.

congrats on the new job

I am sure you will learn just fine.
new jobs can allways be over whelming but give it tsome time you will do fine.
just don/t give up

Yeah the last hour of today was so awfull, trying to catch up and maintain a clean area and help the other people that open was exhausting lol.

I can't give up, that extra money will pick the pace up on my RC funds :D

And yeah Rob MUCH safer and more secure feeling knowing I'm locked in a giant store with cameras everywherre along with other stockers in the store.

That's great news. Good luck to you.
Sounds like you'll be making almost double the bread.

Eventually the job will be a piece of cake but don't get caught loafing or they'll bust your buns.

Now you're rolling in the dough....... lol

Your smiths is 24 hour? Congrats on the new job and pay increase bro!

Congrats, that Exo Terra just got some better funding.

Sweet deal:D, now you can afford that matching spare tire for your scaler, lol!

Sent from my Samsung Admire

That's great news. Good luck to you.
Sounds like you'll be making almost double the bread.

Eventually the job will be a piece of cake but don't get caught loafing or they'll bust your buns.

I just spit coffee everywhere.... again! Thats funny right there!

Congrats on the new job!

Tough working hours, but if you can get it all done in time, + the benefit of being alone and no one there to command you around, should be fun :)

Well I have been there for almost 2 weeks, and at the point of saying f*** it.... I am trying to learn and get a routine down, but my manager is so rude to me I can't handle her mouth while I'm working and am lost on what to do!!

Today for example, I really overwhelmed myself to try to impress her before she came in by doing more than I really am capable of and all she could do was bad mouth my product when it looks just fine to me (buyers eyes)...

I dont even have the will to touch my RCs because she makes me so mentally pissed off and depressed I dont feel like doing anything after work........

On a good note, when my manager doesn't come in when I work, my day is AWESOME, when she shows, instantly becomes horrid and fall drastically behind.

Maybe you should tell her just what you told us. Which is easier said then done I know. But you seem like a straight up friendly, intelligent person. Even the couple times you gave somebody a piece of your mind on here, it was warranted and fit the situation. I can't imagine why she would treat ya like this if you show up ready to throw down every night. Good help is hard to find....

Lol, I'm not actually LOLing, but its funny, they just called me 15minutes after my shift and fired me...

The fact that the store director is an ex cop suprises me he didnt want to talk face to face and work out whatever it is I'm not doing....

He didnt even give me a chance to learn the ropes and couldnt give me a legit reason why he fired me, oh well f*** that place.

I've been there maybe 2 weeks, and was always messing up or doing something wrong, OF COURSE I'm NEW!! But I was ALWAYS asking questions to better myself and my performance, guess it wasn't enough but at the same time they told me the last baker took 2 months for everything to click...

This is the SECOND time a Smith's has done me wrong....

Close this thread whenever and burn it to ash.

Last edited:
Some people think that it takes an iron fist to run a business. Keep the employees intimidated and they won't goof off. Wrong.
Respect them, encourage them and thank them and the business is rewarded by dedicated help.
I've worked for both kinds and have quit cold if I was treated like the former. I've managed a few businesses in the past and ran them like the latter.
Good luck to you. You're better off now that you won't be abused any more.

Back